Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

wasted spark for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the other components, besides the black box?

Do you think the intermitent problem is with the computer or one of these other components?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Is this the one sold by Paul Caiazzo? Is it a MK1 Wasted Spark? I believe there is a new version?
This is something i want at some stage but even at $400 it is still taking a chance if it is faulty as I doubt John would want to warranty a 3rd hand unit
Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Guys I paid 50.00 to have the wasted spark box tested 2 weeks ago. It tested GOOD( by John at vitesse racing). the only other parts are the ignitors and the coil pack. The coil pack new is 100.00 and I dont see the ignitors being to exspensive. For those of you who know how these units work, here is what i got going on in my car. When the wasted spark box is installed correctly it will link with the DME. You know this because 2 bottom red lights will flash interminatly showing you the firing of the plugs. Then the signal is sent to the ignitors to send signal to the coil to send spark. I left the factory coil in so I could start my car and I had the new wasted spark system on the side to test it. While my car is cranking the 2 bottom lights do not flash. Once my car starts they flash. So while my car is running the wasted spark is fine. When I disconnet my coil and try to start the car with the wasted spark system it will not fire, this is because it is not sending the signal to the ignitors. John at vitesse told me to check the crank because ( crank sensor or fly wheel sensor cant rememember, could be out of adjustment) it is not seeing a strong enoeph signal during crank but after it starts the signal is stronger so it is linking. So the finish every piece is testing GOOD. I dont doubt that it is my car that is at fault. I took everything out and dont have the patience to go thru it all again. Again the unit is 850.00 brand new. I paid 600.00 for it 3 weeks ago. I think 400.00 is very fair, because everypart is testing good. I dont know what you guys think is a fair price.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

One other thing when I had it hooked up testing and running my car with factory coil the wasted spark system was firing all spark plugs. So obvoiusly it must be something with my car.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

944fanatic was original owner . Then he sold it to jgporsche. 944fanatic told me that he had very little time on it before he sold it. Hours he said. Jgporsche did not use it because it was not compatable with his car. Not a turbo so he sold it to me. Anyone has any questions I am better on phone. You can reach me at my shop(soundfx) 845-928-9099 M-S 10-6 my name is John

Quick Reply: wasted spark for sale