What's with all the 951's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nitehawk951
Did any of you see that post a few days ago about the 89 turbo for sale in Utah for $1800! Well, turns out it is actually a 87' with a snapped timing belt. The owner was a total moron, I talked to him personally, and wow. There should be a law banning certain people from owning these cars. The guy supposedly did 2K worth of work in 1 year of ownership but apparently never had the belt changed. He said he thought it was every 60k that it had to be replaced. He said his mechanic mentioned it to him the last time but said he would do it later. I could have cracked his head with my phone. Was he kidding?
Then I thought to myself thats a huge contribution to this cars demise/ thinning of the herd. Some buyers just want a porsche and are too dumb to do some research and check priorities in maintanace, how to buy one, etc. To me its sad in a way. And its our duty to not let this happen, I hope someone responsible from here buys it and revives it. It would be a nice project for someone. Please, if your thinking of getting one cheap, rescue this car from this retard. I have the #.
Hey! Can you send me some particulars on this? I have a spare engine sitting in a crate......

EDIT: Oops - didn't read page 2 before posting
Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
nitehawk951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give him a call Michelle, it couldnt hurt. Besides you will be saving an icon. Anyone who can, purchase it and get it going again, even if you turn it into a track car. At least it wont be a junk car. Good luck and keep us posted if you buy it, or me at least.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Michelle, You need another black one!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there any way to get pics?

I LOVE black/tan

Quick Reply: What's with all the 951's for sale?