Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fluttering/hesitation at full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: The car was at the shop over the holiday weekend and when I talked to the mechanic who had been testing and looking for vacuum leaks, I told him to check the plugs. Sure enough, that was the problem. I was running NGKs in there and he replaced them with BOSCH. It all seems OK now.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd951968
UPDATE: The car was at the shop over the holiday weekend and when I talked to the mechanic who had been testing and looking for vacuum leaks, I told him to check the plugs. Sure enough, that was the problem. I was running NGKs in there and he replaced them with BOSCH. It all seems OK now.

NGK plugs work perfectly fine. If you check the gap on them, I'm sure you will find that they were worn/gapped too wide, which would explain why the new Bosch ones work better.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Geneqco
Pro

When I had my injector issue... I had put new Bosch plugs in and was told this could be the issue because tyhey are now made in China and have issues - I changed to NGK which fixed the problem... until the dripping fuel fouled the plug again!
I suspect Porshcefile is correct, the prolem is unlikely to have been the pkugs inand of themselves.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

As others have said, it wasn't the brand per se, but rather something specific to the plugs you were running -- fouled, bad gap, etc.

On another note, might want to test the waters with another mechanic next time something comes up.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

Tom M'Guinn: Yhea, I've found an independent shop that specializes in 944s and older Porsches. I'll be taking the car there for certain issues in the future.

Quick Reply: Fluttering/hesitation at full throttle