Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Overboost Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
jturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jacked the car up and checked the orientation of the wastegate and it WAS installed correctly? (J Pipe to bottom, side to exhaust dump pipe) I also proceeded to check that all of the boost hoses were installed correctly and that the cycling valve is still operating.

Any other suggestions on what I should check.

Would a loose bolt on either the J Pipe or Dump Pipe create the overboost problem?

In addition, I did have to open the wastegate in order to swap out the single spring with the two spings that were shipped with the wastegate. As I had mentioned before, the springs seemed to bind withing the housing when they were installed. Is it possible that one of the springs that was sent was for the smaller 36mm TIAL and not the 46mm that I have, thus causing the overboost problem?

I am considering setting the wastegate up in dual port mode to see if this eleviates the overboost problem or should I try to fix the problem in single port mode (current set-up) first?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

I would just put a MBC and use the dual port mode. i have diagrams of the different setups if you need it; its computer gen. did you try testing your tial with a hand pump?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
jturbo
Racer

No, I have not been able to test the Wastegate. I was trying to avoid jacking the car up and removing the skid plate and removing the j pipe and dump pipe and then removing the wastegate. PITA

I can't believe how fast the car spools up to 30+psi. There has to be something that is preventing the wastegate valve from moving?

Quick Reply: Overboost Problem?