Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Too much fuel prs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
reno928s
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too much fuel prs.

I failed emissions with a high co. From reading previous post I assume that the car is running too rich. I installed a fuel preassure gauge and it shows that its at 58 lbs. I have a guru adj fuel pressure gauage with the chips and reliaboost. Could this be the source of the problem too much Fuel? TIA, Reno
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

That's 4 bar. Depends on if the chips were tuned for it. Unless they were custom chips, it's more likely they were tuned for 3 bar as most tuned chips seem to be. If you are running excessively rich, then that is a very likely cause for the problem. I'd test the car with a wideband (if you have one available to you, most dyno shops do) to be sure what your a/f's look like. I wouldn't go swapping fpr's though until you're sure as if your chips were tuned for it and you run an fpr with less pressure then you can have abnormally lean conditions which can be very bad for obvious reasons.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
reno928s
Pro

I looked at my fuel preassure regulator and it's NOT adjustable. I am pretty sure it used to be at 43 lbs. Can a vacuum line cause this or did the regulator copletely fail? I also ordered an air/fuel ratio gauage from Lyndsey racing today just to be sure that the fuel mixture is ok. thanks, Reno

Quick Reply: Too much fuel prs.