Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cycling Valve disconnected

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cycling Valve disconnected

How about that, while looking for the knock sensor location having just made a "blink tester" and finding out my knock sensor or plug may be faulty (still haven't found it) i discovered that my cycling valve plug is disconnected. i had some work done on the car awhile back and wonder if the mech. did this? i'm running with a MBC and Lindsey dual wastegate. i've heard you don't need the CV if you using an MBC...is this true? what kind of problems could this create? in regards to the knock sensor where is it!! c an you see it without removing the intake manifold?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:59 PM
bigred1001
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your cycling valve would be disconnected when running a MBC. Check to see if the line from the jboot to the valve is capped/plugged. I had to remove the intake to get to mine.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The line from the jboot is still connected to the vacuum manifold. The line that is capped is the vacuum manifold line pointing to the right side of the car by the banjo bolt. Is this the correct line to cap?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:06 AM
bigred1001
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that is the right one. The line from the jboot that would go to that fitting is the one gets capped. it is a thin rubber hose that comes out of the left side of the jboot.

Quick Reply: Cycling Valve disconnected