Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

rear main seal... color difference ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 AM
bald_joint
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear main seal... color difference ?

Yes guys, i have done my search about leaking seals, but the thing i was wondering is, what is the difference between the colors red, yellow, black and so on.. I have a '86 951 whit a autothority MAF stage 2 and running whit a near 300HP... As soon i chip my car, it began to leak a lot... Now, i have to put 1 liter of 20W50 every 150 miles, and i always leave a nice trace of smoke every time i press a little bit too much on the gaz pedal....

So, you all know that i will have to remove my engine to swap those seal, so, what are the best one ?

Thanks for your help on this one !
Old 03-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Make sure you're not pressurizing your crancase by accidentaly reversing the IAC Valve and the air/oil separator line when you installed the MAF.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:39 PM
bald_joint
Intermediate

Thanks Jeremy, my seals are 120K miles old... The higher on was leak on hard cornering before i install the MAF, but the extra power added, the lower one also started to leak, and this on must be near the line of oil in the pan, so on big acceleration, oil reach the seal on fall on the exsaust causing a big trail of smoke... i'm pretty fast, but so smeely !!! ;o)

Quick Reply: rear main seal... color difference ?