Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Re-pinning connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Bustadouglass
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-pinning connectors?

Hey there, Ive spent the day fixing all the little problems on my car, but the most frustrating problem of all seems to be the hardest to fix.

The Connection on what I think is the speed sensor is very corroded and has caused my car to occasioanally not start unless I wiggle the wires. The wires are hanging on by a thread right before the connection end. Its the type of connector that is held together with a metal clip.

Anyway, my question is... Is there an easy way that I could remove the wires from the connector, clip the bad section of wire out and repin back into the old connector? Or am I gonna have to go by a new plug?

ANY Advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Check out eagleday.com for those connectors and pins. If the problem is on the sensor side, it's sometimes easiest just to replace the sensor (which comes with new wires/connectors), but repairing/replacing the connectors is ok too.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Brantley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommend just buying a new one. I had very similar problems and just replaced both of mine. Bought them from Paragon (by far the best price!!)

http://www.paragon-products.com/Refe...61.210.002.htm

Quick Reply: Re-pinning connectors?