Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bypass Valve (Air Circulation Valve) Vacuum Line Routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bypass Valve (Air Circulation Valve) Vacuum Line Routing

I have a vacuum line that goes from the under side of my throttle body to a temperature valve. The other side of the valve would ordinarily have a line going to what I believe is a fuel vapour purge system - this is not present in my car; the other side of the temperature valve is simply capped off.

Since the line is redundant, and could easily be connected to the Bypass Valve with only three inches of line, I was thinking of using a line from the throttle body instead of one from the manifold.

My only real concern is that the orifice in the throttle body is extremely small - like a pin *****. Whilst I unerstand the pressure would be about the same as from the manifold, I am concerned that the flow might not be enough for a quick response time from the bypass valve.

I have an adjustable billet aluminium bypass valve from LR.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pull the line completely and just cap the nipple at the throttle body. The valve does not need to be hooked up to anything as long as it is completely disconnected.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Pull the line completely and just cap the nipple at the throttle body. The valve does not need to be hooked up to anything as long as it is completely disconnected.
Thanks, i understand that, and that was what i was originally going to do, but then I though it would be good if it would work for the bypass valve.

Do you think ther would be a problem with inadequate flow?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:51 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Can you run the line from the Fuel vapor purge to the throttle body, bypassing the temperature valve completely? What effect would that have? If I disconnect the line from the temp valve to the throttle body and cap the nipple at the throttle body, should I also remove the line from the fuel purge system to the temp valve?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
spyder348
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah get all that out of there and cap the TB port. if you run the TB straight to the fuel vapor thingy it will constantly suck in fuel vapor from the tank i feel like if your tuning that will just F with your AFR's depending on how much fuel vapor is in the tank.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a small vent hole in my gas cap because I was getting a fuel vapor smell inside my car. The vent hole worked as the smell no longer happens. OTOH my car does fail AZ emissions due to that cap. I'm so glad gas caps are cheap.

Is there a particular part that fits the TB post nipple really well?

Quick Reply: Bypass Valve (Air Circulation Valve) Vacuum Line Routing