Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No Start and Old Alpine Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 01:55 PM
jyoon
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start and Old Alpine Alarm System

I tried to start the car today and it was no go. The car wouldn't turn over. The car was stored in the garage for the winter and it did start fine the couple times i ran it over the winter. The last time i started it, it needed a jump. This time, I thought the same thing, so I tried jumping it. The car makes a thump sound, then no cranking. I have a hard time believing the starter crapped out while sitting. The car has an old Alpine alarm system that was supposidly de-activated. This is what i believe is causing the problem. Does this seem reasonable? Can I just remove the system and reconnect whatever wires need connecting? Any advice on this? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:59 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that would make it not turn over is if the starter kill is still active. If you are hearing a (thump) sound and it is coming from under the hood, the alarm is not your problem. If the starter kill was active it would cut power to the starter and your would hear nothing. Most shops put the starter kill under the dash. If I were you I would jack up the car and have someone try to start it. Put a simply test light on the hot wire on the starter and see if it is getting power or try to listen and see if your noise is coming from the starter. If so you need a starter. Hope that helps you out.

Quick Reply: No Start and Old Alpine Alarm System