Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Good turbo info

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
sduceatt
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good turbo info

Besides my cherished 951, I also have a 2006 WRX as my daily driver. I subscribe to multiple magazines in regards to performance cars. I just received the newest issue of "SubieSport", which is a magazine obviously geared towards Subarus, mainly WRX/STI. Anyways, there is a great article this month on turbo selection, intercoolers, estimating HP, etc. Since both cars have a 2.5 liter block, this info could be very informative to those of us that are not already "turbo experts".
Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the factory redline of the STI?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Aren't we all turbo EXPERTS????

Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
sduceatt
AutoX

What is the factory redline of the STI?
7000 rpm
Old 03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sduceatt
Besides my cherished 951, I also have a 2006 WRX as my daily driver. I subscribe to multiple magazines in regards to performance cars. I just received the newest issue of "SubieSport", which is a magazine obviously geared towards Subarus, mainly WRX/STI. Anyways, there is a great article this month on turbo selection, intercoolers, estimating HP, etc. Since both cars have a 2.5 liter block, this info could be very informative to those of us that are not already "turbo experts".
Other than just the basics I don't think you are going to gain much knowledge from the article - even though the Subaru engine is a 2.5 litre. There are too many things different between the engines to compare them (ie: flat four vs inline 4, different exhaust routing, different heads, different number of valves per head, different intake manifold characteristics.) The only real way to know how a turbo will respond on our engines is by testing it on one of our engines. You can make all the guesses you want based upon performance of a turbo on another engine but that will not directly equate to anything other than a very loose idea of what "may" work.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
sduceatt
AutoX

thats true..... The article is very basic, but also very informative on how the different parts of the system work together. It has nice pics and explanations of turbo and intercooler sizing, etc. Believe me, in owning both cars, I am in no way comparing the engines as equal (with the exception of 4 cylinders, a turbo and 2.5 liters). In fact, the characteristcs and performance of each are completely different. Just thought it may be a good resource for someone, like myself, that is relatively new to turbo'd engines.

Quick Reply: Good turbo info