Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I need some help with idle control valve incident?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 PM
attyjeff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with idle control valve incident?

I have a 1986 944 turbo, this last weekend I updated to the venturi delete, and pressure tested the system and noticed that my idle control valve was leaking air, I replaced it, went for a nice drive came back parked the car, a few mins later I went to move the car and it surges like SH**.... well after an hour I noticed that the wires to the IVC were cracked just below the plug and shorted out...they were black and burned, I cut off the plug and fixed it,...I made sure the plug was wired up right three times, blue black and red ect. NOW THE PROBLEM. when I turn the key to acc, the tach jumps to 3000, with the car off. and when I turn the key on the car still surges, BUT I can pinch the ICV hose and the car smooths out. I can also unplug the ICV with the car off and the tach does not jump, I can also unplug the DME plug and the tach does not jump, also with the ICV plugged in and the key turned to acc the coil is firing, you can hear it and feel it. but when I unplug the ICV the coil does not fire, I also unplugged the new one and plugged my old one in again and it doesnt make a diff, I am totally lost, BUT I know some of you guys on here are experts, I hope I didnt fry the computer? but the car WILL run great, just not idle, and this is my first post, so go easy on me, thanks Jeff

Quick Reply: I need some help with idle control valve incident?