Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WOT: Anyone know the approximate amount of ignition advance added by Motronic ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOT: Anyone know the approximate amount of ignition advance added by Motronic ....

....during the cold run cycle?

Story in a nutshell: The daily driver is a 1990 BMW 535i with a fair number of engine modifications (compression change, cam change, displacement change, MAF conversion, etc). The low RPM pickup is better during cold run vs. fully warmed up.

Typically, the cold run cycle will dial in some added advance that decreases with engine speed and that tails out as the engine reaches full operating temp.

Typically, hotter cams benefit from some added ignition advance off cam. I'm guessing that the amount of advance in the cold run cycle is close to what I need to dial in at warm run.

Yes - I understand that BMW motronic has different tables than Porsche.
Yes - The fuel mixture is correct at warm run (~13.5:1); car has a wideband sensor in it.

Just more folks here that have motronic editing experiance so I would guess that someone might have an idea of the amount of general advance added. Trying to get a guestimate type figure if the amount is like 3 degrees or 15 degrees...

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jeff

Quick Reply: WOT: Anyone know the approximate amount of ignition advance added by Motronic ....