Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pozican
Punch subs are nice

How do they sound? What kind of amp are you using ot run them?
I believe it's a punch as well but I have to check to be sure. That'll be going as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

clean for surface tape

do a few layers of mold wax

apply polyester and fiberglass, remember rollers ohh and remember maska.. arg..

do a few layers, I used 450 mat regular, then cross, then regular, then cross, then regular, 5 layers in total with heavy mats as this box is going to handle something pretty nutty.

lift up when dry

peel tape

voila custom bottom

then add the goodies

I'll add some porsche 944 specific pics when I've done my friends car. there is loads of space behind rear wheels, and the reserve wheel well.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
JE_951
Pro

If you do the MDF box in the spare wheel well then you should put in thin foam between the wood and metal. The vibraions will begin to annoy you. you can get thin foam pads at decorating and craft shops.

Also I run a JL W0-12 and it sounds amazing. You can find them for $50 new (online, their discontinued) and they sound awesome in our cars. Very "punchy" for rock and softer songs, yet can tsill handle long drone bass. price/sound quality this one wins it in our cars.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Scott from KLA is sending me a spare sonotube piece (what he used for his spare tire subwoofers). I don't think he has anymore now, but he said most hardware stores carry it. He is sending me one that is precut though It measures 18.75" internal diameter will be around 4.5" deep This gives me an internal volume of around .7 ft^3. I might lower this amount with some extra solid fill if I need to bring it down closer to .6 ft^3.

I got a 10" JL sub to be run by 150W RMS from the rear channels of my a/d/s PQ20 amp that is currently installed. This matches perfectly with the sub I bought (10w1v2-4). I'll just have to get a couple pieces of MDF, cut the correct diameter and route the edge of the MDF circles that I cut out to mate up with the sonotube. Should be pretty easy. I'll post later on how it goes.

Last edited by danny951; 03-05-2007 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: XPost: Looking for KLA Hidden Subwoofer Enclosure for Spare Tire Well