Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need info on M030 rears?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim,

You may be on to something and it wouldn't surprise me at all if #31 and #32 for 86 and 87 Turbo Cup springs, respectively, might be the source of the "Two Spring Rate" urban legend. I would assume they would fit the same barrel, the barrel that eventually became the 968 M030 part.

Before I drift too far OT, FYI for Winton that Paragon does sell a nice set of Yellow Koni coil overs for 951/944 cars that came into Jason's possession from some Dutch warehouse discovery. I believe these coil overs have some choices on spring stiffness. They are not the factory M030 style, but very nice units from what I've heard.

And yes, many of the parts on my Turbo S were purchased mail order through Kenn Young at Hennessey. I live in Maryland, but the car was owned by two previous owners in Atlanta. Many of the receipts with the car came from Hennessy and I first called Kenn on the advice of the seller to pursue some remaining factory bits needed to sort the car out.

Super guy and super prices. He recently found me a right side 944 Turbo Cup mirror (the lightweight manual black ABS kind) and all the fittings in the PCNA Atlanta parts center....one of the few special # Club Sport option parts still available. Sold it to me for his usual % discount for mail order! I'm about to swap the doors on my NA racer for a set of previously rough, now-redone fiberglass doors from a NY area 944 that apparently had a right side race crash. The right mirror was missing, but using the left one, Kenn helped me determine is was indeed a factory part and found me a right one!

Quick Reply: Need info on M030 rears?