Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rare Interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:46 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare Interiors?

A recent mag had a really good article on one of the Bruce Jennings 911 cars, including some discussion of this street car's unusual and surprisingly pretty "Built To Customer Sample" interior color.

The only really wild 944 interior colors I've seen from the factory are red sport seats with contrasting piping. Any one have any pics ot "Built to Sample" 944 interiors?

Slightly OT to this thread (didn't even get past the first post) Jennings is an amazing story. Although not involved in water coolers at all, he's an important figure in the Porsche/US connection, right up there with Max Hoffman, Bob Holbert, Joe Buzzeta and Peter Gregg. He lived in the Mid Atlantic and raced SCCA mostly and a bit of early IMSA under the Reisentoter PCA banner. Jenning's racing career bridged the gap between classic airport meets and modern pro sports car events.

Jennings' race cars are among the most valuable Porsches in the world, with a number of the early 356 Carrera racers sadly now held as prize pieces in German collections. I've had the pleasure to be in the cockpit of his famous burgundy/silver #77 Carrera that belonged at the time to Dave Coleman and an orange long wheelbase 911 endurance racer owned by Steve Limpert. Spooky feeling to be "inside history" in that way....his freakin' DNA is still in there in theory.

Last edited by TheRealLefty; 02-24-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

My god, I'm hijacking my own thread to post gratiutous pictures. Here's your interipid Lefty in the Carerra and a pic of the 911 at our Cumberland show the following year. Check out the huge rear Mini-lites! Think about an American with enough clout at the factory to keep getting such very cool cars and getting them built to his exact specifications. The 911 is reported to have begun life as a factory rally chassis delivered to Jennings for US endurance racing.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's couple special ones:

S2 with full leather interior; doorpanels, seat (front & rear) also leather.

951 with full leather yellow interior

Old 02-24-2007, 07:54 AM
ittia
Burning Brakes

Very nice! http://www.356carrera.net/. Olli, That 951 with full leather yellow interior is sweet.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Great stuff already guys. I suppose if you were rich enough, important enough or picky enough the Porsche family has always been willing to build cars to spec, huh?

Here's a link to a Jennings Carerra in Cumberland in 1960. Paddocks sure have changed....

http://www.nationalroadrally.com/pho....php?photo=134

Quick Reply: Rare Interiors?