944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

stolen. found. broken.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007 | 03:56 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

You would think someone would have seen/known the kid that drove your car around on campus... Might be able to talk to the school and send out a mass email with pictures...
Old 02-15-2007 | 04:45 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

That is totally sick
Old 02-15-2007 | 04:57 PM
nkgosselin
Rennlist Member

I don't think these hoodlums attend university. The decal I'm sure was a red herring.
Old 02-15-2007 | 05:42 PM
Tenacious_G
Three Wheelin'

Condolences, man. Those bastards are sick -- NO Car deserves that treatment, not even a Ford Fiesta. I wish you the best of luck -- and keep an eye on news ads for similar acts of vandalism. If this is some *******'s idea of a fun night out he'll get caught soon enough. The list is here for you if you need help getting your car back together.
Old 02-15-2007 | 08:49 PM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by nkgosselin
I don't think it a vendetta. I think it was some joy riding nitwits.
Senseless joy riding nitwits using DRUGS is most likely the truth of the matter. These people have addictions that posess them to do completely illogical stupid stunts that we pay for....

Originally Posted by nkgosselin
Acetylene - they sure do make you feel real stupid for paying them so much money. The lack of understanding and effort on their part is mind boggling.
Remember, the Ins Co. has a lawful obligation to restore and "Make You Whole". Most people let them dictate the settlement, but it's really up to you. Don't settle for less.

Sorry to read your misfortune. Maannnnnnnnnn!
Old 02-15-2007 | 09:30 PM
Kwenak
Advanced

Wow man, I'm really sorry to hear/see that, its just disgusting. Makes you want to hand cuff them to the engine and try ripping THEM out with a chain. ... Seriously tho, that sucks majorly man, I cant even imagine.
Old 02-15-2007 | 09:53 PM
flosho
Pro

Alot of speculation about who could have done it. Honestly you should be able to find a print somewhere, the tint, the sticker, rear view mirror.

Seems as though someone may have been thinking about driving it, then realized how unique it was or saw how much heat it was getting on here and ditched the idea and left it like that to cover the tracks.

Maybe check local auto parts stores for tint, maybe one of the workers saw the car when someone came in buy the tint for it?
Old 02-15-2007 | 10:24 PM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

i say take the sport seats out of the car and use them in the next!!! steal from yourself! lol
Old 02-15-2007 | 10:30 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

How sad and tragic. Keep the faith.
Old 02-16-2007 | 01:15 AM
Blueman33
Pro

it is a terrible sadness, but GotMePorche is right.

So you do track him down by the window tint or university. what does it matter?

will you get your car fixed? nope. will you get satisfaction? nope. will the perp get punished? nope.

fact is, that if auto theft were sufficiently punished, it would not be prevalant.

fact is, Turby has been repeatedly caught stealing cars and he is probably stealing one as we speak.

fact is, if you shoot the bastard YOU will go to jail, but auto theft in most areas is decriminalized, like smoking a joint in san fran. so the good guys are frucked and the theives keep on keepin on.

it sucks. sorry for your loss.
Old 02-16-2007 | 01:56 AM
azmi951
Drifting

Case in point...my fathers 2 week old 96 Impala SS (the Caprice based one) was stolen. We caught the kids that did it in about 1/2 an hour. The 15year old that was driving went to jail for a month. He was also convicted of robbing 7 homes and doing the equivalnt destruction to them. He would plug drains and flood the place, throw buckets of paint around, break anything of value he could not take. It is sad that these CRIMINALS are not punished and because of that cops really don't try too hard to catch them.

I'm very sorry to see your loss, it looked like a unique, beautiful and loved car.
Old 02-16-2007 | 09:35 AM
rlrobian
Cruisin'

This is the type of thing that makes you want to just beat the shi_t out of someone. The lack of respect for anothers property, a beautiful machine, and technology is repugnant to anyone with an ounce of civility. But in our society, those poor souls need our help not condemnation...............

BULL**** nuke the SOB and noone else will have to suffer from this idiot, and just maybe we will finally send the right message the any else tihnking about doing this to our cars.

Good luck finding a replacement, and don't let the insurance adjusters finish doing to you what this scumbag started.
Old 02-18-2007 | 06:02 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Nothing to add, but closure is gold...no pun intended.
Old 02-18-2007 | 06:39 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

i think im gona be sick...
Old 02-18-2007 | 07:28 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flosho
Alot of speculation about who could have done it. Honestly you should be able to find a print somewhere, the tint, the sticker, rear view mirror.
Yes but that does not prove who took the car. The cops could go hassle the suspect but that's about it. It would be nice, and probably cheaper in the long run, if the cops had the time and resources to do just that so they could build a case against repeat offenders.

-Joel.

Quick Reply: stolen. found. broken.