Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

X-Post : Fixed seats and sliders, any head clearance issues?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 06:03 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Default X-Post : Fixed seats and sliders, any head clearance issues?

Have a line on a Recaro ProfiSPG with side mounts, would like to use sliders with it however as its my daily driver. Do you guys have any issues with clearance when wearing a helmet? I am 5'11''
Old 02-04-2007 | 06:09 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Im not sure if this helps, but my side mount corbeaus have to be at the lowest setting almost for me to fit comfortably, but I also sit very close. I am about the same height as you and I would think that with both adapters and sliders it would be too high. Just a thought though, as you might sit further back than me.
Old 02-04-2007 | 06:16 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

I have Sparco Evo 2's with the Sparco brackets bolted directly to the floor (ie no rails of any kind). It makes the seats very hard to install, you have to do it in just the right sequence, but they are as low as possible and the best position for me.

I am also 5'11". My wife used to be able to drive my car, she still can but has to use cushions to get high enough and get to the pedals.
Old 02-04-2007 | 06:18 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the responses so far. I sit relativley close the to wheel, especially at auto-x.

Sam, with the seat bolted directly to the floor..is it still possible to fine tune how close the seat is to the steering wheel?

I figure its not a huge deal if i have to switch the seat out before long trips, i can live with it around town.
Old 02-04-2007 | 06:37 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

I forgot how I did it, its been a couple of years.

If I recall, the bottom flnage on the Sparco brackest had various holes, so you could move it foreward and back. You can get the height and recline angle on the side holes. I did a few trial fits figuring out the right sequence and position, before I bolted them in for good
Old 02-04-2007 | 10:20 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

I came up with a set-up that allowed me to lower the seat and retain the sliders while using the factory mounting points. I used M8 countersunk head capscrews through a 5 x 50mm aluminium plate (both ways) as a base for the sliders. The csk head capscrews allow a flat surface on both sides of the plate so it sits flat on the floor and the sliders flat on the bar. With the seat brackets turned out, the seat can mount almost on the floor while retaining adjustment. Seats are Racetech 4009HR's. There are a couple of tricks of anyone is considering this approach.

Quick Reply: X-Post : Fixed seats and sliders, any head clearance issues?