Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question about Oil for 951

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

One thing I've always liked about you Poley is your passion. However if you're going to attack me, at least get it right. I am not pushing the barrow of these smaller companies and their products. All I am saying is that there was a test, it was neutral, it did show up your beloved M1 to be inferior .As for the timing, well I did say approx. so it was obviously not a definitive statement in that regard. The sentiment was what I was trying to pass on. I don't care if you have shares in the company. It doesn't affect me. Good luck to you. When Porsche stopped being a company that cared about it's customers and the longevity of it's product and brought in the number crunchers to make the company profitable, it did just that. The company is profitable. Look how it's buying back the farm in VW. This is just a business so no problems here either.
As far as I'm concerned you use all the M1 that you want, and when you spin a bearing don't come crying to Mommy. Probably like most that spin a bearing that use M1, you will pass over that tell tale sign and look for some other reason.
Good luck my friend.

Originally Posted by pole position
Your post makes no sense and you keep adding speculation and hearsay with no concrete proof.....
20 years ago Porsche used Shell and the Mobil initial factory fill up came many,many years later FYI . I guess you did not look at the current oil bulletin because you would have found 42 (FORTYTWO) approved oil manufactureres with names like Tamoil, Westfalen or Yacco. Do they ring a bell ? Probably not but in your world do they add to the P coffers ? (whatever that means) Do you really believe that those companies paid Porsche off so they could get on their list with brands no soul has ever heard of or will only be sold in absolute miniscule numbers?

Bottom line , those net wonderoil companies never submit to ANY testing to get approved....because there priorities are aimed at marketing and in case of Amsoil , well , lets just say it insults someone intelligence how they pitch the public.

I am familiar with the test your quoting but if I remeber correctly Fuchs did not do to well either but happens to be the oil used in the Cup cars........your "tests" know more than Porsche Motorsport/Weissach ? LOL

BTW, the 928 was not designed for Mobil one otherwise they would have used it when it came out in the seventies.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
Keep believing this urban myth about some obscure "test" which coincidently favor a particular oil on question.

So how come those wonderoils are not approved by Porsche ? Or VAG ? Or.......

If you look at the current Porsche approved oil bulletin there are oils there from every continent and even if one would call themself knowledgeable about oil would have never ever heard about some of them but no Redline, Amsoil, Royal Purple, Neon etc etc.
No myth can come from my personal experience with Amsoil the last 18 years, I've used it in all my cars, and my families, and the difference speaks for itself, try taking the head off the car after 90K miles and you will see the difference on top alone, how clean and nice everything looks, not to mention how the temperature stays cooler and you burn less oil than conventional oils... do some research...
Old 02-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Project 951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kendall GT-1 here...
Old 02-04-2007, 03:21 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shell 20w-50

2.5bar oil pressure on idle (warm) in 115F+ summer