Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

968 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have some pretty sweet cars SoloRacer! I'm envious. Do you happen to have any pics of the 968? Since it's not often that you find header mounted turbo setups on these cars, I'm always interested in seeing them.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I feel guilty taking over Jason's thread. I don't have any pictures of the underneath of the car. I have posted several here of the exterior and interior. The car was also featured in Excellence magazine back in 1999. I'll start a thread in the 968 forum rather than take up more of Jason's thread.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
I feel guilty taking over Jason's thread. I don't have any pictures of the underneath of the car. I have posted several here of the exterior and interior. The car was also featured in Excellence magazine back in 1999. I'll start a thread in the 968 forum rather than take up more of Jason's thread.
Start one here - we are the boost nut cases...
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

One of the problems with the stand alone system boost management is that it has to be set up and really fine tuned to get it to work well – it is easy to get it to oscillate if the response time is too quick or over amplified. I have found that the MBC works well with a stand alone – especially if the stand alone has been set up correctly across the whole range of boost levels. Sure, it is not as exact as an electronic unit – but the variations are on a day to day basis, not a minute to minute basis. I really like the ability to change the boost level as I drive – even as the road surface and weather changes.

I have also found that the MBC is much more stable on a stand alone car. Why? To tell the truth I don’t know but my tec3 street car does not see more than a 1 psi variation on the same setting.

Quick Reply: 968 turbo