944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

XR-1 or something else...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Now now gentlemen, we all have our own theories, and it's perfectly fine to state them. Thank you for both your contributions. You both have very nice cars, and I value all information given to me. I'm not very fond of the round mufflers myself, not because I feel it's more "ricer", but because I just don't like the look of the round muffler. The only thing I feel might be somewhat "ricer" is the larger tip. Where it might actually flow better on a true 4 inch system, I just don't like the size of the HUGE tip. Kinda reminds me of some of the coffee can size tips I had at my high school back in the day (Oh my god I'm almost 22!...) Thanks to the both of you! As far as aerodyamics are concerned, I don't think it'd be that much drag at high speeds unless the entire underbody of the car was paneled, and the exhaust was the only thing exposed. Thanks again guys! I think I'm going to go with the 90944 with the 3'' tip! And that 944 Cup looks awesome! I hope to have a dedicated track car someday, just not with the Turbo S...its too rare to rip it apart IMO. Thanks for the pics Rolex! I miss your car! But Like I said, I'm very happy that someone is bringing it back to how it needs to be!

-Darwin
Old 01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
I think I'm going to go with the 90944 with the 3'' tip! And that 944 Cup looks awesome! I hope to have a dedicated track car someday, just not with the Turbo S...its too rare to rip it apart IMO. Thanks for the pics Rolex! I miss your car! But Like I said, I'm very happy that someone is bringing it back to how it needs to be!

-Darwin
I wish you the best with the car and the exhaust. I am sure you will love that Borla system too! I just may get it myself. And yeah, seeing the Cup Cars in person and watching them drive is just a great feeling. It's a part of history that makes me really appreciate my car even more. And thanks for the compliments too about my old car. It is in good hands with Brian, for he is on a mission to make it perfect again. Anyway let us know how you make out with the exhaust, and if you can, record a few sound files too, ok?

P.S. For the record, the Cup Cars did come with a 4 Inch exhaust system too from Porsche to compete in the series. This is a fact and not my opinion. I actually have the magazine with the write-up on the car that I posted pics of too. Very kool!
Old 01-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Will do! The only way I'll be able to do it is to record it on my camera and post it on photobucket. As soon as I can get it, I'll post them up! Till then, its in my dreams! Haha. Thanks again everyone who helped and contributed some knowledge!

-Darwin

Quick Reply: XR-1 or something else...?