Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Very nice video

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 05:01 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Trust me, I'm on my fourth motor. I know what that backfiring is. His rev limiter is constantly kicking in beggin him to stop. That poor car...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 AM
DivineE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pozican
Would like to rephrase -- I just watched it with sound (was watching it muted at work) and it seems that his backfires ALL the time, whereas mine will only backfire in between shifts, once per shift.

But, again, hoping the o2 fixes that
If your changing at 6000rpm it should pop once (just as it starts pulling again in the next gear) in both of my 944 turbo's I assume its just caused by having an exhaust which is well engineered. My E36 M3 did the same and the engine was only 20,000miles old. I love that sound, it gives me great satisfaction!

Plus its not really that surprising to see that the two 4 wheel drives were the fastest I had an Audi A4 Quattro and can't imagine anything beating it off the line! I'm sure it would be a totally different storey if it were a sprint from 30 or better still 60 on the video.

Regards,

Ben
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
pozican
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DivineE
If your changing at 6000rpm it should pop once (just as it starts pulling again in the next gear) in both of my 944 turbo's I assume its just caused by having an exhaust which is well engineered. My E36 M3 did the same and the engine was only 20,000miles old. I love that sound, it gives me great satisfaction!

Plus its not really that surprising to see that the two 4 wheel drives were the fastest I had an Audi A4 Quattro and can't imagine anything beating it off the line! I'm sure it would be a totally different storey if it were a sprint from 30 or better still 60 on the video.

Regards,

Ben
hmmm that might have been it, I started tuning it out by the time I got my dyno sheet, and saw for myself that 6 grand was just for holding boost through a corner
Old 01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Trust me, I'm on my fourth motor. I know what that backfiring is. His rev limiter is constantly kicking in beggin him to stop. That poor car...
Yup, go stand on the throttle and let the limiter take over and you'll have the same thing.

Cool car, neat videos, but a few of them need to learn throttle control.

Quick Reply: Very nice video