Maxtronic update

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maxtronic update

Howdy,

Okay here's the scoop, the whole scoop, and nothing but the scoop.

I received 5 switch backplane interfaces and began testing. The good news is the interface works great. The bad news is the switch does not. If bumped, it changes. This is not acceptable. I cannot ship a product that does not function properly. The manufacturer has agreed to replace the rotary style switches that I showed you pictures of before with a pushbutton style switch. The main reason I did not initially go with this switch was I was afraid people might 'bump' a button while driving and change maps, not a good prospect as some maps are valet and no-start modes. I thought it would be dangerous. But the manufacturer has conveyed to me that he can program a delay into the switch so that you have to actually hold the button down to begin changing maps, once the switch recognizes your intent, you can then bump the buttons to progress through the maps without delay. This will negate the chance of incident of bumping and changing maps unintentionally.

Lead time on the new switches is 1-2 weeks. For now I have removed the Maxtronic purchase links as I don't want to sit on people's money while they wait for product. I have contacted everyone who purchased, but in case you happen to read this first here are your options. You can go ahead and take delivery of the Maxtronic, or wait for the complete package so you can install everything at once. Just let me know, it's all up to you.

At the moment I have 10 Maxtronic boxes, 5 interfaces, and 10 switches on the way. The rest of the interfaces will come in from the first production run sometime between now and the first of Feb. Also, there are no more Maxtronics available until the first of Feb, at which point I'll have 600 at my disposal.

I do apologize for the delay, and I will of course honor the promotional pricing for a full 30 days from the time I ship the first complete package, so the promotion will most likely run until March 1st.

On a side note, MaxBin BIN Manager is the precursor of MaxTune. It is a very complex program that manages your BIN files (chip images) and gives you a simple interface for that management. I can't even tell you how many hours have gone into this. To that end I will make it free to anyone who purchases the Maxtronic, and it can also be used with other products on the market such as the Ostrich (the device Maxtronic is derived from), AutoProm, ROMulator, and possibly others. If people choose to purchase these products instead they may purchase a registered copy of MaxBin and/or MaxTune direcly from MAXhpkit. However, only those who have purhased the Maxtronic will have access to MaxByte, the online access storage facility. If these things all sound new to you and you haven't follow other threads, please view the online help available for MaxBin at http://www.maxhpkit.com/help

Further updates will follow as progress is made. I thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep up the good work Russell.....
Old 01-09-2007, 05:49 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool. Any updates on the 2.7 stuff?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

What I want to know is this: Did you ever find that shorting wire thingy under your dash???????

Originally Posted by rberry951
Howdy,

Okay here's the scoop, the whole scoop, and nothing but the scoop.

I received 5 switch backplane interfaces and began testing. The good news is the interface works great. The bad news is the switch does not. If bumped, it changes. This is not acceptable. I cannot ship a product that does not function properly. The manufacturer has agreed to replace the rotary style switches that I showed you pictures of before with a pushbutton style switch. The main reason I did not initially go with this switch was I was afraid people might 'bump' a button while driving and change maps, not a good prospect as some maps are valet and no-start modes. I thought it would be dangerous. But the manufacturer has conveyed to me that he can program a delay into the switch so that you have to actually hold the button down to begin changing maps, once the switch recognizes your intent, you can then bump the buttons to progress through the maps without delay. This will negate the change of incident of bumping and changing maps unintentionally.

Lead time on the new switches is 1-2 weeks. For now I have removed the Maxtronic purchase links as I don't want to sit on people's money while they wait for product. I have contacted everyone who purchased, but in case you happen to read this first here are your options. You can go ahead and take delivery of the Maxtronic, or wait for the complete package so you can install everything at once. Just let me know, it's all up to you.

At the moment I have 10 Maxtronic boxes, 5 interfaces, and 10 switches on the way. The rest of the interfaces will come in from the first production run sometime between now and the first of Feb. Also, there are no more Maxtronics available until the first of Feb, at which point I'll have 600 at my disposal.

I do apologize for the delay, and I will of course honor the promotional pricing for a full 30 days from the time I ship the first complete package, so the promotion will most likely run until March 1st.

On a side note, MaxBin BIN Manager is the precursor of MaxTune. It is a very complex program that manages your BIN files (chip images) and gives you a simple interface for that management. I can't even tell you how many hours have gone into this. To that end I will make it free to anyone who purchases the Maxtronic, and it can also be used with other products on the market such as the Ostrich (the device Maxtronic is derived from), AutoProm, ROMulator, and possibly others. If people choose to purchase these products instead they may purchased a registered copy of MaxBin and/or MaxTune direcly from MAXhpkit. However, only those who have purhased the Maxtronic will have access to MaxByte, the online access storage facility. If these things all sound new to you and you haven't follow other threads, please view the online help available for MaxBin at http://www.maxhpkit.com/help

Further updates will follow as progress is made. I thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by Lanny Curlett
What I want to know is this: Did you ever find that shorting wire thingy under your dash???????
LOL! You're really concerned about that aren't you?

Nope, I haven't even looked, too much going on. I won't get to do anything with my own car till March or April. But I'll find that sucker!

Regards,
Russell
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
CO951
Burning Brakes

Russell, are these shipping yet?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:49 PM
JE_951
Pro

+1

Im looking for a mafterburner kit but if this is ready then I want one!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:03 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by JE_951
+1

Im looking for a mafterburner kit but if this is ready then I want one!!!
Talk about timing... Glad you posted, I wasn't going to until next week. Maxtronics are shipping beginning Tuesday.

So why hasn't anyone heard from Russell? Because I've been writing MaxTune, almost done, I'm on track for a March 1st release. Right now I'm just beating on it trying to break it. I've been using it in file mode to do all my chip mappings for the past couple of weeks.

So, what chips have I developed in two weeks?

MAF CHIPS!

Good-bye mafterburner, so long smt6, adios ARCx and power perfect. And look out Wolf3D!

Dave Lindsey has been running/testing the MAF chips in his car the past two weeks. Chips, MAF, no piggyback, lots of wheel spinning, perfect AFR across the board. I took the 89 Turbo S chip he did the 305HP@16psi with and used that as a template, changing nothing but the AFM transfer function. Then reality set in. The MAF doesn't have the same flow characteristics as the AFM, so the fuel maps had to be tweaked 3% in the midranges. Watch Lindsey's website/newsletter for more info on the MAF chips.

I've been a busy man, and no Lanny, still haven't found that bad ground under the dash. In fact MY car is sitting under 3' of snow at the moment. Maybe it'll see daylight (or shoplight) in a month or so...

One can wish...

I'll do more updates/writeups next week. I'm working on a video tutorial for the MaxBin and MaxTune products.

Really about the only thing more I could do is design a compact stand alone computer system that uses the sensor inputs and manipulates the DME for adaptive tuning as you drive, where you would input your desired boost/AFR/EGT goals and it would maintain them in any conditions, with any mod changes... I better just shut up.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:48 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really about the only thing more I could do is design a compact stand alone computer system that uses the sensor inputs and manipulates the DME for adaptive tuning as you drive, where you would input your desired boost/AFR/EGT goals and it would maintain them in any conditions, with any mod changes... I better just shut up.
That is what the emanage blue/ultimate does.....

If you can do a version for 944's, you're a genius
Old 02-18-2007, 06:52 AM
pozican
Racer

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
If you can do a version for 944's, you're a genius
You should take that as a challenge
Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hockeydude
Cool. Any updates on the 2.7 stuff?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Old 02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Old 02-18-2007, 04:06 PM
hockeydude
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Maybe a bad choice of icons, means I'm working on it, and the other NA cars as well, including the early ones. I've come in contact with a wonderful fellow who would like to help me implement an ECU exchange program for the early guys where he upgrades them for a socketed chip and installs my chips, tests them, then we ship them in exchange for the original ECU core.

Quick Reply: Maxtronic update