24 hours of Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:44 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Bump/squish...like a late night fat chinck! Whose going?

CK is in!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW Brumos is in Crawford chassis this year, but apparently Danny Sullivan bought the old FABCAR chassis and is going fast in them. We shall see...
As in 1980's Indy driver Danny Sullivan???
Old 12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Other than that AWFUL avatar, this should be a great GTG. My buddy got his masters @ UF so you two can go find fat chicks together. I'll keep this going. Todd usually gets in on this as well.
YOU KNOW IT!!!

Although the last couple of years I got lazy/cheap and did the "after 6pm 5$ grandstand"

But this year my buddy that is into cars big time (Ferrari's but he is still ok , has a nice trailer so will try to do the infiled if I can get him to go.

And if we do, it will be party central wherever we park it

p.s. I might be a Gator soon!! Thanks to their 100% online business program they now offer. I need to finish up my B.S.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Anyone else??????

Does it cost extra to tow in a trailer????
Old 12-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

I imagine it would. You should look into that NOW, as those people are maniacs and get there like 3 or 4 days in advance. They also have really bizarre paintings from like the 80s with Unser Jr. and stuff on them. Honest to God, as anybody that was near the porsche paddock last year.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:25 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

How much does it cost for an infiled RV spot?

Also, is there any difference in bringing in a tow behind trailer vs an RV???
Old 12-26-2006, 01:33 AM
rhdmiller
3rd Gear

My Son and I are flying down on Friday morning . This is our first time for the24hr, Is there much to see or do on Friday? We have not made plans for Saturday night, but we will stay in Palm Bay Friday night with my parents or stay in Daytona. We have plenty of time as we will be hanging out all week in Fla.
We want to get in the infield (near the pits / garages) if possible. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Rich
Old 12-26-2006, 09:34 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Hey Rich!

Yes, plenty to do in FL. Depending on how old your son is you have all the parks in Orlando. And if he is older, Epcot is great also.

You can drive around Daytona area and down into Cocoa Beach as well.

Infield is 40$ and depending on how many VIP's are there you can usually get pretty close to the pit areas.

Also, where is Kent island area??? I grew up in St. Mary's county.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Every year I have went I bought the $70.00 ticket that gives you access to everything but pit row by the front stright. You can go in the garages and look in the cars, take pictures. It is well worth the money. If a car gets banged up and goes to the garage you can go back to the garage and watch them work on it. Very cool stuff.
I migh try and pick up my new trailer aroud that time and swing by to watch.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:35 PM
rhdmiller
3rd Gear

Excellent, thanks for the info. We might go ahead and take advantage of the $70.00 tickets then. We want to spend as much time at the track as possible. We did not get to many track events this year (work seems to get in the way) .
My Son is 17 going on 21, so we will more than likely do some fishing later in the week after the track.
Kent Island is just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge from Annapolis, blink twice and you miss it. It’s great here with having the Bay around us, the only downside is the Ocean City / Dover summer traffic.
We were just on a run through St. Mary’s County last Month, ending at Solomon’s Island Pier for lunch. We were the only 951 in the group and had a blast.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

It has been a few years since I have been their so the $70 tickets might be $75 or $80 by now. Does anyone know by chance what the all access passes are now. Well now that I think about it I will go to the Daytona website and check.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rhdmiller
Excellent, thanks for the info. We might go ahead and take advantage of the $70.00 tickets then. We want to spend as much time at the track as possible. We did not get to many track events this year (work seems to get in the way) .
My Son is 17 going on 21, so we will more than likely do some fishing later in the week after the track.
Kent Island is just across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge from Annapolis, blink twice and you miss it. It’s great here with having the Bay around us, the only downside is the Ocean City / Dover summer traffic.
We were just on a run through St. Mary’s County last Month, ending at Solomon’s Island Pier for lunch. We were the only 951 in the group and had a blast.
Very Cool!!

Well your son will certainly love FL/Daytona Beach at his age. And I remember that drive to Ocean City for "Senior Week" vacation.

In regards to fishing the best charters are around Port Canaveral and Coca Beach/New Symrna.

Solomons Island is about 10 min from where I grew up. Used to always go over to the island for the 4th of July, etc. And yes, you were probably the ONLY 951 around for 50 miles down there

Also, found this:

Found a price list:

ADVANCED TICKETS

Saturday, JaNuary 27 - SuNday, JaNuary 28
Super Four-Day Ticket . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (savings of $60!) $80*
This all-inclusive pass allows daily access to the infield and grandstands to enjoy all
four days of action and includes NEXTEL FANZONE, garage access and daily infield
parking . Overnight parking available beginning 1/27 .
Two-day infield/grandstand with collectible photo frame . . . . .$45**
Two-day grandstand only . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$30***
Two-day infield/grandstand . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$40***
thurSday, JaNuary 25
Practice and Qualifying
Admission (infield and grandstand) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $10
Garage Admission . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $10
Friday, JaNuary 26
Practice, qualifying and Grand-Am Cup 200 (2:15 p .m .)
Admission (infield and grandstand) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $15
Garage Admission . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $10

Saturday, JaNuary 27 - SuNday, JaNuary 28
45th ROLEX 24 AT DAyTONA®

Two-day Admission (grandstand only) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $30
Two-day Admission (infield and grandstand) . . . . . . . . . . . $50
Two-day College/Military ID Admission (infield and grandstand) $15
Two-day Garage Upgrade . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $35
Six-hour Saturday Night Grandstand (after 6 p .m .) . . . . . . $10
Infield Car Parking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $20

SPECiaLty VEhiCLE ParkiNg

Lake Lloyd Premium Area (includes hook-ups) . . . . . . . . . $800
yellow and Red Areas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $700
Package includes:
Two four-day admissions (infield and grandstands)
Two two-day Garage Admissions (not good for hot pits)
Two-day Unreserved Infield . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $100
West Lot Parking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $150

rESErVEd FroNt row oVErNight Car ParkiNg

NEW FOR 2007! Pack up your car and pull out the tents to get ready to enjoy
four days of world class sports car racing in our Orange reserved parking area, located
inside Turns 3 and 4 (high-banks) . Spots are limited and going fast! Package includes
(1) reserved site and (2) super four-day admissions (infield/grandstands/NEXTEL
FANZONE/garage access) .
Reserved Front Row Overnight Car Parking . . . . . . . . . . . . $300
Old 12-27-2006, 08:11 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaCay
CK is in!
Actually, CK may have to work but it doesn't mean he cannot make the drive anyway.

As an aside, Rennsport Reunion III is scheduled for November 2-4 at Daytona. I already have a room reserved across the street at the Residence Inn. Anyone else going? The DE/Racing forum is all giddy about this. It would be nice to have a large 4 cyl water pumper contingent.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
rhdmiller
3rd Gear

Thanks for all the info , We land on Friday morning so we will figure out which tickets work best for us and check out the Daytona site to purchase them.
Solomons Island is a great place, It was on out list of places to look when we purchased our house, just a little far from work.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

SeaCay, do you know where I could go to find out more info on the Rennsport Reunion in November? Are they having a Concour?

Quick Reply: 24 hours of Daytona