Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fuel Leak???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 03:24 PM
clouddomino
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Leak???

If you've encountered anything like this I'd love to hear you're input... Anyways, I've got a fuel leak in the rear from the area above the fuel tank... It only leaks while the vehicles running and it's a very slow leak. I'm thinking it's possibly a loose hose on the fuel pump, or maybe just a bad hose considering they are 18 years old... I'm outta state right now so I don't have the tools to diagnose and fix the problems so I'm kinda going off guess work...
Old 12-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just drop the cover over the fuel filter/ pump and see what is leaking. The only hard part is removing the rear wheel.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:11 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

has anyone ever mounted an aftermarket amp or woofer in the back the car? PO of my old car did, dumb-***** tapped right through the trunk floor and through the fuel tank.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by facboy
has anyone ever mounted an aftermarket amp or woofer in the back the car? PO of my old car did, dumb-***** tapped right through the trunk floor and through the fuel tank.
Ha Ha, thats a great way to improve fuel economy...
Old 12-14-2006, 08:10 PM
clouddomino
Instructor

So I jacked her up today and the leak is coming from the casing around the fuel pump on the bottom of the tank and doesn't appear to to be coming from the fuel filter or line that aren't on the outside of the fuel pump cover... Idea's anyone??? I tried to pull the cover off but am working with insufficient tools so I need to get a 13mm ratchet to pull it... In the mean time anyone know what it could be? Loose fuel line on the pump maybe?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:06 PM
buxton
Racer

If it is the tank you can use JB Weld on it for a temp. fix. I had a crack in the tank next to the outlet where the screw in filter is. Until I could buy a new tank I used JB Weld. That was 6 months ago and it is still holding strong. I have a repl. tank here waiting if it starts leaking again.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
hinch951
Instructor

I have posted two threads on this topic lol....the last one because I was contemplating a last minute order, since the car is on blocks outside.....I took apart the brackets leading to the fuel pump and discovered that mine was pouring gas out of the + and - terminals.....the pump still works fine it is just the leak...so i was wondering if i needed a new fuel pump....must be seals gone bad in there.....the cheapest i found a pump was 199.99 new but shipping and handling was F'n 21.00 haha....

Quick Reply: Fuel Leak???