Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Garrett Gt35r Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duke: So I take it you never heard back from that guys about your parts? If so, that's really, really bad and I'm sorry to hear that too. And it's early here, so maybe I didn't read it, sorry. Are you shooting with 550 BHP+ on pump with a MAF or EMS?

Old 12-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah I never heard back from him...

Now let's take it easy, I said 500 bhp not 550 bhp

I will be using my old head which has stock valves so that's a seriously limiting factor at this level.

It's so easy to get too focused on numbers especially when it's off season and the car isn't running.
But the truth is, in reality 520 bhp won't really be any more fun than 470 bhp. Except for bragging rights that is
Old 12-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Sorry, I'll be using EMS.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:43 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Duke

I will be using my old head which has stock valves so that's a seriously limiting factor at this level. It's so easy to get too focused on numbers especially when it's off season and the car isn't running. But the truth is, in reality 520 bhp won't really be any more fun than 470 bhp. Except for bragging rights that is
That sucks, sorry to hear about that Kermit! And yes, my bad, I didnt get your exact projected number too, ha! LOL. So no headwork? And Duke, going to use an EMS, if so, which one?

Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Markus951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 4000 km old big valve head for you and some other stuff if you are interested let me know.

Did you had that flange custom made or is it something ATP sells?

Markus

I will be using my old head which has stock valves so that's a seriously limiting factor at this level.

It's so easy to get too focused on numbers especially when it's off season and the car isn't running.
But the truth is, in reality 520 bhp won't really be any more fun than 470 bhp. Except for bragging rights that is
Old 12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Thanks Markus, but I will start with this and see how far I can get. Although the valves are stock the head is worked and very nice. This an ATP adapter.

I don't think I want to plan for any other stuff on this engine, but a big valve head and solid lifters would make it complete since pretty much everything else is custom made for high power.

The 800 bhp 16 valve engine on the drawing board seems much more interesting... but that will have to wait until I'm mature enough to handle this 8v engine (meaning a minumum of 10 years )
Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The 800 bhp 16 valve engine on the drawing board seems much more interesting... but that will have to wait until I'm mature enough to handle this 8v engine (meaning a minumum of 10 years )
When that happens, then you may have a chance to keep up with Special Tool and his "unlimited 951 for 2007"

Old 12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Rob, I'll be using a DTA Fast system.
I'll post some updates in my project thread later tonight.

Now back to the GT specifics
Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Rob, I'll be using a DTA Fast system.
I'll post some updates in my project thread later tonight.

Now back to the GT specifics
Thanks pal, back to the program....

Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I might have a solution for you. I had a custom 4" to 2.75" reducer made. There are no clearance issues when using that. I have ultimately decided to go with a 3" inlet so my reducer should be available. I am running a GT 3076R.
Regards.
Raj
West Windsor is where all the hot cars come out to play!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Dave951
West Windsor is where all the hot cars come out to play!
Hold on a second ---> Dave
Old 12-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Edman951
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Special Tool
that's Edman951.........he thinks he can whoop me.
Yes that is me, I guess you think i can woop you Special Tool, specially if you bring up something I have never said or thought about.

Most of my video from the past three years are here.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...%20gt30r/0.htm

Porschefile,
Good post, keep the story going on this project.

Duke
The good thing about fitting a GT35 is that it's big enough to sit on the engine mount (using the ATP-adapter) without touching the mount itself.
That good info Duke,
I guess the GT35R has a wider center section then the GT3076R
I had to narrow my mount to sit my GT3076R
The ATP adaptor does make it easy to fit on a not so modified mount.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:49 PM
special tool
Banned

Old 12-09-2006, 01:00 PM
tedesco
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pictures of my GT install. It is still in the building process. My first aproach was to use a 16V head and some observers will recognize an important difference to the stock 16V set-up. Unfortunately I did not think about everything. The head was already welded up and the intake mani closed to be finished when I run into trouble passing the cam drive.
Anyway, I thought what I really disslike most on the 951 exhaust piping and how I can solve it in a different way. It is awfull how the crossover passes to the turbine inlet with all the sharp bends around the steering colmn. So I moved the turbo slightly rearward, turned the inlet flange down in order for the crossover to go straight up onto the turbo. The tube covered inplastic file simulates the steering column. THe trouble about this arrangement is that the stock plasic oil chatch can can not be retained but that is easy to solve.

I also added some pictures about a porting detail because flow numbers were discussed before as well. What is shown are two pictures about the valve guide fairing (the third shows the stoch shape of the fairing). I removed a lot of the material left and right of the guide which opens the port massively in an important area. I have never seen that on any other ported 951 head before so maybe someone has an explaination why it was not done before. The target for this motor is to power my track day car, so it is not made for maximum power but should run relyably and offer good controlle.

I don´t know how the order of pictures will finally end up so there might be a bit of a mix. I think you can all figgure out which referes to what.
Attached Images        
Old 12-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

That head looks like it came from the left bank of a 86.5+ 928 engine - are you planning to have the inlet camshaft driven instead of the exhaust camshaft ?

Very interesting project.

Quick Reply: Garrett Gt35r Install