Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 02:58 PM
C. Beau
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah...if you use high temp engine paint...like header paint...it will cook on to hot areas and becomes very very tough...not sure if intake would get hot enough but cam box will, I painted one and I swear it was to be almost as hard as powder coating..it doesn't ship, scratch, dull
Old 11-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i liked my paintjob.
Attached Images     
Old 11-12-2006, 03:16 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DanG, your black cam tower with the polished letters is sweet looking.

Kinda dark in the garage, but:
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C. Beau
Powder coating shouldn't be too expensive and it is bullet proof.

Because I was at the time living with a girlfriend I couldn't stand...I hi buffed my intake....it takesd a good long while to do a good job

The intake casting is pretty rough so it needs to be knowcked down / smoothed out / wet sanded a good bit before using real buffing compunds.

Aluminum is about as nice a metal to polish as any...and once it is dead smooth and polished nothing sticks to it and is easy to keep clean....keep cooler cleen...think paint and powerder coating will retain some heat but probably negligible

On buffing...must use a real hi-rpm buff wheel / machine, a polish wheel on a grinder won't do it...but if you have the machine and go thru all steps...knock down / sand, sissle / rope wheel greasless compunds first...to spiral sewn wheel and agressive bar compunds, to loose cotton wheel and finishing compounds last and it will shine like a mirror....any step skipped and it won't turn out

this place has everything you'd ever need...and powder coating equipment too...you can get cheap systems and cook in a house oven...also has an in depth PDF buff guide on the site somewhere
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/
Right, you can get the stuff from eastwood (www.eastwood.com) as well.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold