Work in progress - new paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:16 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thingo
Thanks Rolex, that is my car fresh out of the bodyshop, I got a lot of it colour coded, but I did leave the turbo badge.I prefer it without the rubbing strip
Rod, that is one of the nicest white cars I've ever seen!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful cars guys!! I love the white look together with the painted bridge spoiler!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:17 AM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OZ951
Your results with the paint job look great, well done. I imagine in Ireland it could be challenging getting warm enough weather to paint at times. I lived in Ballina for a while and it seemed pretty damn cold there, not quite as cold as some of the Scandanavian countries I suppose but I am more used to doing such paint jobs in warmer weather.
I got pretty lucky with the weather, I started the repaint mid october and finished mid november, the temps were above 12 C most days so I just got away with it, my main enemy was dust, even though you think you have everything dust free and spotless, you tack rag the car down and begin to paint......Dust will land in it from somewhere No big deal really, it all wet sands out, even bugs ! It just requires more effort in the finishing stage. The paint has to been seen in person to really appreciate it though, silky smooth and shiny with no orange peel
Old 11-29-2006, 12:36 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 420WHP944
Thanks for the beer offer I live in florida for half the year ( wifes american ) and half here in Ireland...bring your car and beer down to florida after january and I'll hook you up
Whoah.
Wait...

You spend the winters over there and the summers over here? -Thaz messed up.

When you back in Central Florida? -And do you have a P-car over here? -If so, you need to get it to a local PCA event!

-Liverpool/Orlando for me.. Hey isn't Liverpool the capital of Ireland anyway?

Keith.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 PM
allergic2milk
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thingo
Thanks Rolex, that is my car fresh out of the bodyshop, I got a lot of it colour coded, but I did leave the turbo badge.I prefer it without the rubbing strip
Wow, thats nice.

Quick Reply: Work in progress - new paint