Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944S Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Florida951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944S Problem

When i was driving to school the other day my car would lose power, pushing the gas pedal didnt have any effect on the power. The engine would stay on slowly losing RPM until the car shuts off. If i try to restart it, it wont restart. The day i was driving when it first happened i had to wait about 1 minute to restart the car. If i tried turning it on before that the engine would just turn but it wouldnt start. Almost like there was no fuel going to the engine.

When the car does come on there is a strong smell of gas, almost like it's running too rich, so perhaps its not a lack of fuel. I went ahead and ordered a fuel pump. The day before the fuel pump arrived i went to school and the car died about 2 minutes after i left. It wouldnt turn on even after i waited a good 5-10 minutes as the towtruck was heading my way. Today the fuel pump came in and i replaced it. Before replacing it i turned on the car just to see if it would turn on, it did. I then drove for about 40 minutes, i felt a slight stutter in the engine in the middle of the ride, but that was it. It seems like the problem only happened on warmer days, however it could just be a coincidence.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

One more thing, there could be a small crack on the Air flow meter boot. Im saying "could" because there used to be a crack the last time i took it to the shop, the mechanic did a quick fix on it though and told me to order a new one(its on the way).

Quick Reply: 944S Problem