Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Could this be where the oil is coming from because i really want to drive my porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 08:29 PM
mortymower
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could this be where the oil is coming from because i really want to drive my porsche

I just finished doing a bunch of stuff, front seals and flanges, all kinda stuff under intake and many other things. While cleaning underneath, I noticed a bit of wetness at the bottom of the belt cover. I angrily took the cover off and then removed the lower balnce sproket, no leaking there; then I looked at the crankshaft and didn't think that i saw anything, but on the upper shaft it was not soaked, but i put my finger on the bottom and ended up with a tic tac sized drop of oil (very small). The inside of th covers and the rollers are wet, but could this tiny amount of wetness be the problem or shoul i look else-where. If so should i replace again or try to turn it or something. Also, before the change my crank seal leaked terribly, but the only way i decided it is not leaking is because there is none coming out in-between rear belt cover and oil pump, is this an accurate way even though i cant see the seal itslef. By the way i drove the car about 200 miles before i noticed the wetness. Please help, its been six weeks and i want my car back. Sorry its so long!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed all the belt covers off when i was looking for a mystery leak. Once I found and fixed it, I left them off so I can spot the next one easily. So far so good (2 yrs, 2 track days). I doubt I will ever replace them.

Quick Reply: Could this be where the oil is coming from because i really want to drive my porsche