Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hows your heat??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006 | 09:21 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Default Hows your heat??

Im not sure if i have a problem or not, But I get little heat, I can get plenty of cold, but little heat. When i turn the **** to full heat I hear and can tell somehting, the flaps i assume move, but all i feel is a slight bit of warmth. But when i turn it to cold (this was when it was 40 deg at night) its quite cold.

I looked and didnt see the heater valve move, but i thought its supposed to fail open? I just got a new heater valve, but now im not sure its the problem, if there is one.

My temp gauge was right at the first line and the coolant definately was hot.

any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2006 | 09:25 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Did you check the clip on the little cam/actuator and rod right next to the steering column? Those fall off a lot...
Old 09-27-2006 | 09:27 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rberry951
Did you check the clip on the little cam/actuator and rod right next to the steering column? Those fall off a lot...
do you mean on the valve itself??
Old 09-27-2006 | 09:31 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Don't have one to look at right now, and I'm not sure if it is the valve, but if you lay on the floorboard and look up between the steering column and console while moving the temp from hot/cold you'll see a little cam with a rod attached moving back and forth, there's a very small clip that holds the rod on there, they fall off a lot. I lost mine and ended up using a 'fashioned' paperclip.
Old 09-27-2006 | 09:33 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

hmmmm ok ill check
Old 09-28-2006 | 04:39 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

checked that clip its just fine. but again i dont see the heater control valve move, so what would that affect?
Old 09-28-2006 | 07:27 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

You may have a vac problem on the system. On the sides, inside the little wire mesh on each side of the blower assemblies, are the doors that activate and close when you push the recirc button - do these work for you? Double check the vac lines to the vac cannister.

Old 09-28-2006 | 10:32 AM
bscotti
Intermediate

had this exact same problem a couple days ago. Turned out to be the vacuum line that run from the vacuum canister to the connection on the firewall had come off. (OK, I knocked it off replacing the rear cam cover gasket). I now have all the heat I need. It also explained why the car seemed to have lost some oomph!
Old 09-28-2006 | 04:17 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

the vac line to the canister is fine.(i assume you mean the one by the battery?)
I never pushed the recirc button, but I do see the arm move under the dash and hear something shift inside the dash

Quick Reply: Hows your heat??