WTB Clean 951 or 951S

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Morris
I read the ad on the maroon one 3 times before I realized it was an "S". That price is insane. These cars seem to pop up every couple of years where the people have no idea what they have.

--Brian Morris
89 951
That ad did not initially say it was an "S".

jlturpin: Sorry dude, I think I'm gonna call this guy and drive down there and buy the car on the spot. Add it to the Rolex Collection. I need a bone stock S!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Rolex, you get all the credit. Right now I am so pissed I cant see straight. Cash in hand, ready to click buy on the airline ticket.

Brian, that is what happened, he had no clue what the car was worth, he gets 3 call in one day and say he will now take best offers. This is my last weekend available to get a car until November due to prior engagements.

I doubt that he will call back, I sent him a $hitty email about fixed price in a public forum and will probably notify Car.com that this is a fraudulent ad. I think he should have put the car on ebay, or that is what he needs to do at this point.

He said someone was coming on Friday to look at it. I offered to fly in on Thursday with cash. He said he would wait to give other an opportunity.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
That ad did not initially say it was an "S".

jlturpin: Sorry dude, I think I'm gonna call this guy and drive down there and buy the car on the spot. Add it to the Rolex Collection. I need a bone stock S!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go buy it and sell it to me. And Kick him squre in the nuts. What will you sell me from the Rolex collection? Ferarri
Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Belts have never been done, no oil leaks, no sport seats. It looks like none of the hose clamps have never been touched. It was checked out at the Porsche dealership and had the brakes bleed, and and the ABS sensor reconnected due to loose connection.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jlturpin
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go buy it and sell it to me. And Kick him squre in the nuts. What will you sell me from the Rolex collection? Ferarri
A Ferrari? Are you nuts?

Anyway, I just called and got hold of a local Porsche dealer for a PPI. I have it set for next Monday. So you better get your butt in gear, or it gets added to the Rolex Collection!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 09-27-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

So you have talked to the guy? Price?????
Old 09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jlturpin
So you have talked to the guy? Price?????
Just playing with ya, sorry I had to! I'm not talking to the guy. I found the car for you.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:04 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Good one. He is not talking to me either. Guess it was too good to be true.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Dude, be persistant and call him. Be a true salesman, I would. He'll ask him for more pics, a Carfax. Maybe he already has a PPI for you, and you could call and confirm it all? If you had all that, make an offer?

When I bought both of my cars, I did this. And by the way, I bought (educated gamble) them over the Net unseen! I had both owners send me over 100, yes 100 digital pics. I made them send me pics of ever piece of the car, up close and far away, everything! Then I got a Carfax. Now I knew the car was not only in my prirce range, but had a very good idea of the condition. Therefore, I was very interested, and wanted to show the owner I was not a tire kicker, but a serious buyer. I researched and found the nearest Porsche dealer for a PPI. I worked with the buyer to bring the car in, paid for the PPI. In additon to the PPI, I made up my own sheet of other questions I wanted to know. It was about a list of 20 questions. Most, not all, focused on the cosmestic condition of the interior, exterior, and engine bay condition. I am "very" **** and want excellent to mint condition cars only. I then had that sheet and the PPI sent to me. From there, you are prepared to really negotiate with the seller.

Hope this strategy helps...

Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Dude, be persistant and call him. Be a true salesman, I would. He'll ask him for more pics, a Carfax. Maybe he already has a PPI for you, and you could call and confirm it all? If you had all that, make an offer?

When I bought both of my cars, I did this. And by the way, I bought (educated gamble) them over the Net unseen! I had both owners send me over 100, yes 100 digital pics. I made them send me pics of ever piece of the car, up close and far away, everything! Then I got a Carfax. Now I knew the car was not only in my prirce range, but had a very good idea of the condition. Therefore, I was very interested, and wanted to show the owner I was not a tire kicker, but a serious buyer. I researched and found the nearest Porsche dealer for a PPI. I worked with the buyer to bring the car in, paid for the PPI. In additon to the PPI, I made up my own sheet of other questions I wanted to know. It was about a list of 20 questions. Most, not all, focused on the cosmestic condition of the interior, exterior, and engine bay condition. I am "very" **** and want excellent to mint condition cars only. I then had that sheet and the PPI sent to me. From there, you are prepared to really negotiate with the seller.

Hope this strategy helps...

This does help, but the guy will not answer emails or calls. I'll wait for another to come along.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That is a great plan I gave you. If you want this car, stay on it, but dont bug him everyday. Now that he changed it from an 88 to an 88s, that is a hell of a steal, looks great, and God knows has low as miles too! I haven't seen one that low in a while that's 88 or newer. If I see more, Ill send them your way. But stay on top of this guy!

Last edited by RolexNJ; 09-27-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Bodacious
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

Jlturpin, I agree, I just talked to this jackass and he said he was entertaining offers and that he intentionally put a low price on cars.com to start a bidding war. I asked him why he didn't just put it on ebay and he said he figured he could make it work on cars.com. I said I would like to pay for a PPI and he said he already had offers without it. Any guy like this I don't trust.

I don't care it the damn thing has a hatch full of gold. All he is getting me to pay is $12000. I have more and would pay more, but not to someone like that.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:00 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bodacious
Jlturpin, I agree, I just talked to this jackass and he said he was entertaining offers and that he intentionally put a low price on cars.com to start a bidding war. I asked him why he didn't just put it on ebay and he said he figured he could make it work on cars.com. I said I would like to pay for a PPI and he said he already had offers without it. Any guy like this I don't trust.

I don't care it the damn thing has a hatch full of gold. All he is getting me to pay is $12000. I have more and would pay more, but not to someone like that.
Given now what both of you guys just said he did, was flase advertising and was a jerk on top of it, I wouldnt want to go thru the buying process too. Ill keep looking for you guys. Its ashame, its such a nice car and a good deal. Well, a good deal at what he is falsely advertising!

Old 09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bodacious

I talked to him for at least 20 minutes. I told him that it was unfair to prospective buyers to list a car at a price you are not willing to sell it for. I also told him Ebay was the place to sell a car auction style. I again told him I was a cash buyer, ready to fly out tomorrow and pick up the car. I then informed him, if he was not willing to sell the car for 12K, put his asking price on cars.com and negotiate from there. I ALWAYS ask more for my cars for sale online and negotiate down from my initial asking price. I also explained this theory to him.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

Given now what both of you guys just said he did, was flase advertising and was a jerk on top of it, I wouldnt want to go thru the buying process too. Ill keep looking for you guys. Its ashame, its such a nice car and a good deal. Well, a good deal at what he is falsely advertising!

You are so right. I just wanted to buy the car at his asking price. I was not even going to make a lower offer. 12K cash, and a 1100 mile drive home. Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: WTB Clean 951 or 951S