Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I pulled a Lamborghini Diablo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I pulled a Lamborghini Diablo!

I was out on a drive in the new car with some club members on a scavanger hunt of sorts. I was stopped by the side of the road looking at clues when a bunch of exotics went by (Ferrari F40, Ferrari 355, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lamborghini Diablo). When I got back on the road they were long gone and thought "Too bad, I really wanted to compare my ride to theirs". I drive down the highway at a regular rate of speed and continue with the scavanger hunt and when I look up there is a bright yellow Diablo coming up behind me. He must have been a straggler from the group that just went through. He kept pace with me and stayed about 4 car lengths behind even though I wasn't going that fast. I geared down and kept an eye on my rear view mirror. When we came upon a long, straight open stretch with no body around other than the two of us I saw the nose of his car raise slightly and he pulled into the passing lane. He was attempting to do a high speed pass on me. As soon as I saw him do that I hit it. I looked back and he had gained about a car length on the jump but his pull was definately slowing. I pulled redline and shifted gears and suddenly he was pulling no more and in fact started to lose ground! He lost about a car length and had to pull back into the right lane. I slowed back down and he kept pace again - staying 4 car lengths behind. I took the entrance to the freeway and all his buddies were sitting on the shoulder of the road waiting for him. I was really tempted to pull in with them and chat but I had to continue with the scavanger hunt that I was on. Needless to say I was really pleased with my new ride. Funny thing is that I still have one more boost setting to go. I can't imagine what that is going to be like.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice pull!

What are your mods?

Rogue
Old 09-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill, i want to hear about your mods too
Old 09-10-2006, 11:49 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Just a turbo, exhaust and an upgraded engine management system. Bigger tires too. Oh, and different pistons, connecting rods, intercooler and oiling system. Probably a bigger fuel pump and injectors too. I just got the car and am still trying to figure out everything.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Just a turbo, exhaust and an upgraded engine management system. Bigger tires too.
Lol, don't be so modest... whats the details of your setup?

Rogue
Old 09-11-2006, 12:01 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

I think the entire engine has been gone through. Pretty sure that everything that could be upgraded was. I think that the only stock thing left on the car is the suspension and lights. Pulls like a **** though.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:02 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

What mods would I need to pull a Diablo? Maybe that would help.......
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanna know:
Did you end up missing some parts of the scavenger hunt because you said: "forget it; I'd rather pull on the diablo"?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:41 AM
RennenFlamme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, isnt it fun to have randomly fun car-nights?

bet he was a little miffed...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
I just wanna know:
Did you end up missing some parts of the scavenger hunt because you said: "forget it; I'd rather pull on the diablo"?

I actually missed 2 clues along that stretch of highway. My navigator wasn't impressed. *lol*
Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Originally Posted by RennenFlamme
wow, isnt it fun to have randomly fun car-nights?

bet he was a little miffed...

I wish I knew. I imagine it was more like "Oh yeah, watch me blow right past this guy. Yup, here I come....here I come....hey....I'm not coming any more.....what the????" *lol*
Old 09-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've surprised more than one person out there with my 951. That said yours is much faster and should surprise many more people

I gave an RSX a run for it's money on the highway on my trip to Vernon. He was being a total a$$hat and pulled out over a double solid line to pass me when I was already going 20 over on a long left hander..... He had a jump on me of 30-40km/h. I'll spare the illegal details but that RSX driver now has some serious respect for 951's.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically anyone who comes up on a modded 951 gains a large amount of respect in a short time frame.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Zero: Good job on the RSX - I've easily pulled one of those with my 951. But who says I was driving my white 951 today? It's slow compared to the new ride. In fact, I drove it the other day and it felt like it couldn't pull a hot knife from warm butter. At first I thought that something was wrong with it but it took about 15 minutes to get the feel of it again and then I realized that's just how much better the new car is.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

LOL so enough of the cloak and dagger...

What car, what mods?

Rogue

Quick Reply: I pulled a Lamborghini Diablo!