Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

modification plans/questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 04:42 PM
RennenFlamme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modification plans/questions...

hey guys, new to Rennlist and the 951. coming over from e30/e36 bmws and the subaru wrx.

on my 951, which i plan on buying sometime this year, i plan on something like the Lindsey 'Rwhp kit' (boost enhancer, chips, etc..) and turbo-back exhaust system. i think i should be plenty happy with power with that setup while i make sure my 951 is in good shape for more. i plan on doing each modification right and only once... what turbos do i have to choose from? while i wait for the right time to install a new turbo i will upgrade the suspension (coilovers???) and brakes (stop-tech? big reds? $$$?). what does everyone think about the lindsey 340whp turbo setup? what other options would i have with the software and exhaust i would be running from my lindsey TBE and 'rwhp kit'?

what about kokeln? i remember them from european car's project 951...

any help and direction is apprecited and im REALLY excited about getting into a 951. i'm looking for a CLEAN car so it might take a while but i don't have the money yet anyway. cheers
-marty
Old 09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Zedmau5
Instructor

i am also interested in either the 'rwhp kit' or the 350whp kit from lindsey... my car has 40k miles on it so im not too afraid of mods right now, i just dont want to go overboard and risk breaking something. I now have a legit case of boost fever. Also, like rennenflamme, i want to get it done right the first time, even if it costs more.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Zedmau5
Instructor

ive also heard vitesse racing is good, they have a stage 3 kit that is similar to the Lindsey racing kit.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
RennenFlamme
Intermediate

i hear ya. i am honestly starting at $0 from a few days ago and saving from there for the car. i have a bmw i bought earlier this year for 1,800, and although i love it dearly i think i need some boost. i've put suspension, wheels and tires on the e30 and it handles like a dream at 2480lbs. teach me about 944 handling...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
RennenFlamme
Intermediate

yes, i looked at vitesse as well, found their setup on google video. also very impressive. i'm still learning about the interchangeability of these parts as far as turbos and engine management. i'll search around here on Renn for some more info if i can..

Quick Reply: modification plans/questions...