Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tunning the BOV

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunning the BOV

Hey, just wanted to share that I was able to tune my Evolution Motorsports Air Recirculation (a.k.a. BOV) Valve. I bought a billet piston style BOV valve from Paragon Pdts. and when I first installed it, a few months ago, I noticed that it would start bleeding off some boost very early on to boost curve. The BOV operation is very easy to hear after having installed a Vitesse MAF and cone filter.

Well, not being happy with the BOV operation, I searched rennlist, and even asked some rennlisters how they had tunned their BOV, some went to hardware stores and bought washers to use as preload shims for the spring. But I wasn't so lucky finding the right washers.

So I stumbled upon a Forge Motorsport BOV tunning kit, and said to myself, what the heck, the valves look pretty similar, I think I'll give it a go..

So I got this kit:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMDVTUN

It comes with five springs of different stiffness and some light weight aluminum shims. The springs are the same diameter and height as the EVO BOV. Right now I'm using the yellow spring, middle of the road, it is stiffer than the EVO spring and the BOV no longer bleeds off early. The red spring seems really stiff, so I'm staying away from it for the moment.

Quick Reply: Tunning the BOV