Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What constitutes good paperwork when selling?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 06:32 PM
dacula951
Instructor

Default What constitutes good paperwork when selling?

I love the fact that I do all my own maintenance and repair on my 951. I'm meticulous and know things are done right. I'm wondering though if that would put me at a disadvantage were I ever to sell. I wouldn't have any repair receipts. I order parts online and very often only get a simple shipping receipt. I do however record everything I do to the car with mileage and dates in a small notebook that I keep in the glove box. Would a buyer consider this to be adequate paperwork?
Old 08-25-2006 | 06:40 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Personally, if I were looking to buy a car (which I am soon) I would put MORE faith in the car that the owner kept a log for as opposed to the owner who knew nothing about the car but had all of his dealer service receipts, or even the guy who kept all his part and noname shop receipts.

Keeping a log means you possess a real attention to detail, and the more detailed the log, the more informed the potential buyer will be.

I think any potential buyer who has a clue will appreciate your log and not fault you for not keeping the receipt for your oil change.

Regards,
Russell
Old 08-25-2006 | 07:16 PM
smiths944t
Advanced

I like your notebook idea (maybe something I should do). I think you'll have more of an idea of what your getting, and whats if any still needs to be done.

BTW I wouldn't think that with are cars that their would be alot of people that have that stuff.

Quick Reply: What constitutes good paperwork when selling?