Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Questions on BBS wheels on '87 944T

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billthe3
I saw this while doing my daily ebay browsing, so I thought you might be interested - its a set of the 4 gold bbs wheels (I have them on my car too ) for sale with new tires going with a BIN price of $1200. I realize you most likely don't have new tires on yours, but its still interesting to see that the wheels might sell for that much.
Thanks...when I started researching this I saw those and they led me to another eBay item that seems to have disappeared which was a set of the exact same wheels, but in silver. They were being sold by a 911 owner who had changed them out. He had pix of the back sides with the model number, sizes, etc. That led to a phone call to BBS in Georgia and talk with a great guy there--Michael--who has been around a long time and new all about the wheels. This Internet thing is amazing--the amount of stuff you can learn fairly quickly boggles the mind!

I just picked up the car from my mechanic. I had the timing and balance shaft belts replaced, just to be safe and a tune-up, compression test and some minor adjustments. Next it's off to have the undercarriage steam cleaned and then to the *best* detail shop in L.A. By the time the German Autofest rolls around it should be looking pretty close to showroom condition.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those BBS were a factory option I believe. I had them on my '87 951. Although mine were all silver and looked really good on a blue car.
They were not a a factory option. Those wheels were very popular (and expensive) here in europe.They were also very high quality wheels, like BBS still are.I bought a set of new RS wheels back in 1989 to my new E30 bodied BMW.Those wheels had silver center part.I still have a BBS 1989 catalog where are 944 n/a and 930 with these wheels.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Ok gang, here's the pieces parts I have from my 16" BBS RS wheels. The BBS caps are a little faded (better than they look in the pics) but quite legible and the gold basket weave centers just need a little cleaning.

Part #'s are:
Outer gold center 09.24.028
Inner 'bolt' 09.24.013
BBS center cap 09.24.036

I'll sell each of the individual pieces for $9.44/each + $3.00 shipping if anyone is interested.

Paypal is gregeast@compass90.com

Quick Reply: Questions on BBS wheels on '87 944T