Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Whelp, Sunroof has a mind of it's own!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Chas
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whelp, Sunroof has a mind of it's own!

This is certainly an interesting one.

Get in car with sunroof down. Can't remember if it's when I start the engine, or start driving away (pretty sure it's when I start driving away)...but the sunroof opens itself all the way. Switch has no effect - sunroof is stuck open for the duration of the drive. Once I shut the car off, I can turn the key one ignition click (like you would do to remove the rear latches on the sunroof to take it off), and press the sunroof button to make it go down.

However, when I press the button down (key still in first position), the sunroof goes from all the way open, to down, to being unlatched in the back (like you are going to remove it). So I have to press the button and get it just right so it's closed, but not unlatched.

When in this ignition position, I can freely open and close the sunroof, as well as latch and unlatch it, all in one fluid motor movement.

Of course i get it just right, but then when I start the car and drive away, it opens itself all the way.

I remember there being some sort of check, where if you have the sunroof unlatched, and the car starts moving, it will automatically latch it. Could there be a problem with this sensor/check???
Old 08-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Jusii
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://clarks-garage.com/shop-manual...03.htm#trouble

Quick Reply: Whelp, Sunroof has a mind of it's own!