Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Swain White Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swain White Lightning

I recently got a number of parts back from Swain that were coated with their White Lightning thermal coating. Pretty amazing stuff. The whole lot was $320 + $40 shipping. It definately reduced the underhood temps which should be good all around. I also replaced my head with a fresh head and covered the hot side of the turbo with a blanket of ThermoTech Aluminumized heat barrier. One interesting note that I can't quite figure out is that now the wine of the turbo is much clearer and more noticable than it's been before? The turbo sounds like one on a diesel truck?? All temps look good and otherwise running great! Just wondering why that might be?

[/IMG]

Last edited by Douglas Sorrells; 08-12-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

My dad used swain coating and loves it. Really cools things down. But there is one HUGE problem... ur pics dont work!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

Nevermind they work now
Old 08-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Douglas Sorrells
Racer

Well, I've decided that the increased turbo noise is due to the Thermotech Aluminized heat barrier blanket that I covered the hot side of the turbo with. I covered it with an upside down U per TonyG's advise and also applied it to the brake booster heat shield. It does work great! It is interesting though, it somehow directs the turbo whine up better towards the cabin so that it's really clear to hear. Awsome sound! I do love it.

Quick Reply: Swain White Lightning