Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Track pad Question. Anyone using Hawk HT-10's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Track pad Question. Anyone using Hawk HT-10's?

Well, my Hawk Blues are about done. They were ok, I overwhelmed them a few times and they're wicked harsh on the rotors. In reading about the HT-10s, they seem to have a better heat tolerance than the Blues and are supposedly easier on rotors.

What are the thoughts on them?

I'm running factory 951S brakes with the Broadfoot brake ducts. Is there a two peice rotor that'll bolt in place of the stock 1 peice one? What about going to Big Reds? What do I need and will they fit under stock Boxster wheels?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ot a bit...We bought some cyro rotors and are using Pagid Blacks - so far so good, as the Blacks have been known to eat rotors as well but these are holding up great. Oh, these are fitted with Big Black brake calipers. If you liked the performance of the pads, you may want to think about cryo rotors, just a thought. We have the Broadfoot/Lindsey ducts as well, click on the JAB Racing in the sig and you can the brake work on the last page(s).
Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Where'd you get those cross drilled rotors and how much more were they than the stock blanks?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually got the whole system from Jim Cherry, who had a 928 GTS, but sold the car before he put the rotors on and actually had a spare set of Big Blacks from one of his 4 P Cars at the time. I think LR has the rotors and can get them cyro treated, I'm sure others do as well.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

FrozenRotors.com sells cryo'd rotors.

VehicleCraft.com has direct swap 2-piece rotors in floating and non-floating versions. (I run the floating ones, but be prepared for the price.)

Sam
Old 08-04-2006, 11:10 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

WOW! Those prices are TOTALLY ridiculous! $910 for a pair of floating rotors?! Sorry, but 4 lbs of unsprung weight isn't worth more than 4 times the cost of stock rotor blanks...
Old 08-04-2006, 11:26 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price of a VCI 993TT brake upgrade for an S car w/ the floating rotors was $1769. That doesn't sound as bad to me, considering the other similar upgrades on the market are roughly the same and are standard non-floating rotors. I'm looking around at brakes myself and the Vehiclecraft ones were on the list.

Sam- Did you get slotted, drilled or standard? How have they held up?

Quick Reply: Track pad Question. Anyone using Hawk HT-10's?