Starting issues (now no start)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:33 PM
Teddy952
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting issues (now no start)

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...tarting+issues

That is a link to my last post about my starting issues. I was dealing with starting the car and pressing the throttle a bit untill now. I didn't get anytime to check the fuel check valve. Now it wont start at all.

I was driving home and it quit at a stop light. The engine just stopped running. I tried to start and it just kept turning over and never caught. I had to push it to the side of the road. 30 seconds later it started and I got to drive it home with some sputtering. It seemed like it was starved for fuel. Now that its home Im getting intermitened starting.

Im going to replace the fuel filter and check for spark. Could it be the fuel pump?

Any troubleshooting ideas?

thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 10:18 PM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've typed it so many times, now my fingers are almost bleeding from it:

Try wiggling the speed and reference sensor connectors at the back of the engine compartment, just behind the intake manifold. Those wires get pretty messed up after close to 20 years of heat abuse. High ambient air temperature and humidity tend to play havoc with the connections. Wiggling them seems to restore the connection and then the car will start.

I'm just waiting on some parts and my next project is to build a new wire and connector from scratch from the sensor male connector to the DME.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Teddy952
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently done a clutch job. The sensors were disconnected/reconnected without immediate issue. I will add it to the list of things to check though.

thanks

Quick Reply: Starting issues (now no start)