Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: Chocolate City gets higer tech auto theives

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006 | 09:35 PM
Blueman33
Pro

Default OT: Chocolate City gets higer tech auto theives

So I walk out to my girl's PT Cruiser and notice things are tossed about in the interior of the car.

Someone had gotten in, no scrapes, no jammed lock, no damage. Some cash missing, the kind you throw in the console when a drive through crams it in your hand.

I have surveillance and when I watched the film, in early evening when joggers are jogging and bikers are biking and people walking along talking on cell phones (6:32 July 28) for a couple of minutes there was no one passing.... a guy walks up with a remote control device in his hand that unlocks the doors, which also disables the alarm and he jumps in the car and rumages through all the glove box, console, and door side pockets.

Two minutes later, he's gone, and once again there are bikers biking, cars passing........

such a ****.

but if Morgan can steal people's cars and ruin them and not get punished, it's extremely unlikely that someone rummaging through my girl's car will even get a second thought from law enforcement.

It's so nasty to have those ******** in your car, argggg.
Old 07-30-2006 | 12:37 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

In my old neighborhood the teens broke your window to get the change out of the console. $75 to repair a window so they could get a couple a bucks worth of change, made me angry. I've learned the habit of leaving my cars visibly empty. If I must leave something in the car, it is locked in the trunk. you can fit a bunch of stuff invisibly in the 944 in the right and left fender wells and on the floor behind the front seats with the seat backs folded down.

So glad I moved to a better neighborhood. Now I have neighbors that leave their garage doors open all the time and nothing disappears. The only theft we've had here that I have even heard of is a neighbor bought a Suburban at a local auto auction, and it was stolen the night he brought it home. I think that was an inside job from the auction and had nothing to do with the neighborhood riff raff.
Old 07-31-2006 | 12:39 AM
Blueman33
Pro

Interesting that 20 year old security in the 951 is actually better than with the new technology of the remote on a PT Cruiser. Once most cars are wireless, my guess is that is where the thieves go, and no longer mess with the cars with keyed security systems.

Remotes are convenient, but the security issue is a problem.

OTOH at least they didn't smash out my window which would be even worse.

Quick Reply: OT: Chocolate City gets higer tech auto theives