Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njim3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lart951
My Lindsey racing digital MAF is has the air temp. sensor but I guess is not working?

I have LR maf and Mafterburner, i tuned my car when it was 65° and AFR is 13.8-14.8
nothing much changes when i run at 100°. The only differnece is little rich at idle when it gets hot
it is around 12.8.-13.5@idle.
what about at WOT when closed loop isn't correcting things? Looks like on a hot day at idle you are too rich for closed loop to be able to bring it back to 14.7. Try disconnecting the o2 sensor connector at the back of the firewall and you will unmask your actual tune.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:03 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by hally
what about at WOT when closed loop isn't correcting things? Looks like on a hot day at idle you are too rich for closed loop to be able to bring it back to 14.7. Try disconnecting the o2 sensor connector at the back of the firewall and you will unmask your actual tune.
Hally, I took your advice a few months back and disconnected the stock 02 sensor during closed loop operation, you are correct, I found the real tune and corrected it with MAFterburner adjustments.

With daily temps approaching 100 degrees (Farenheit) in the Eastern USA, my AFR @ idle is 14.4 - 14.8. My AFR between during normal street driving (2000 - 4500 rpms) is between 11.6 and 12.4. Since I like torque, my AFR when I go on boost is 11.7 and 12.2 under boost. Part throttle AFR is in the neigborhood of 13.3 - 14.1, depending on conditions.

I have not noticed an excessively rich tune with MAFterburner. My current project is to use therma-tec wrap on my IC pipes, and any intake component that may be impacted by heat (turbo cars run hot period, and even hotter during the summer in the USA).

Anyway, I'm NOT suprised the LART951 is the ONE with the tuning issue, I'm sure that the A$$-CLOWN of Tuning Award that he'll receive will fit quite nicely in his trophy case. I need not say more!!!!!

Hey LART951 ->
Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by jy951
Hally, I took your advice a few months back and disconnected the stock 02 sensor during closed loop operation, you are correct, I found the real tune and corrected it with MAFterburner adjustments.

With daily temps approaching 100 degrees (Farenheit) in the Eastern USA, my AFR @ idle is 14.4 - 14.8. My AFR between during normal street driving (2000 - 4500 rpms) is between 11.6 and 12.4. Since I like torque, my AFR when I go on boost is 11.7 and 12.2 under boost. Part throttle AFR is in the neigborhood of 13.3 - 14.1, depending on conditions.

I have not noticed an excessively rich tune with MAFterburner. My current project is to use therma-tec wrap on my IC pipes, and any intake component that may be impacted by heat (turbo cars run hot period, and even hotter during the summer in the USA).

Anyway, I'm NOT suprised the LART951 is the ONE with the tuning issue, I'm sure that the A$$-CLOWN of Tuning Award that he'll receive will fit quite nicely in his trophy case. I need not say more!!!!!

Hey LART951 ->
Sorry man, the title stays with you, it is not only my opinion but it's also the general consensus of the forum that you remain as the indisputable 3 times winner of the 1st degree stupid assclown award.

Now back to topic. Since you are the one bragging about tuning, would you be so kind to enlighten us with a dyno graph with your a/f ratio.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by lart951
Sorry man, the title stays with you, it is not only my opinion but it's also the general consensus of the forum that you remain as the indisputable 3 times winner of the 1st degree stupid assclown award.

Now back to topic. Since you are the one bragging about tuning, would you be so kind to enlighten us with a dyno graph with your a/f ratio.
I wouldn't share my LAST BREATH WITH THE LIKES OF YOU - SCAT MAN!!!
You got as much as YOU will get about my AFR from my post - Mr. Dyno QUEEN!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 02:35 PM
njim3
Instructor

Quote:

Yes, i disconnected my stock o2 sensor and WOT at 15psi i get 10.5-11.2 afr i know that it is running rich but i'll fine tune it when weather gets colder here.

Thanks,
Jim

Quick Reply: running rich in hot weather?