Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Deleteable Heat Sheilds

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006 | 07:56 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Default Deleteable Heat Sheilds

ok,im in the process of putting my engine together and theres a crap load of heat sheild to put on.i was wondering if its possible to delete a few of them?currenty my header/x-over pipe,downpipe and turbo hotside is DEI wrapped(turbo to get heat blanket and headers are ceramic coated underneath).im going to run solid engine mounts and ive deleted most of the stuff in the engine bay( cruise control,manual steering conversion,full a/c delete,charcoal can delete, fuel/vapor purge delete, venturi delete, ISV delete, vaccum can delete...etc.) keep in mind this is pretty much a track car.the only heat sheilds that i think will be important at this point is: steering rack universal HS and heat sheild for the AOS(i might delete this also because of DEI WRAP)i just need your inputs and experiences.thanx a bunch

ps.did any of you delete the front and rear bracket for the intake manifold?
Old 07-19-2006 | 10:23 PM
jacklet
Racer

i hate dei wrap
Old 07-20-2006 | 01:11 AM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Any oil leak will soak that wrap...and then....FIRE! Ask me how I know. Been there, done that...coated my engine in white powder to put it out. I wouldn't wrap my exhaust again on a bet. Ceramic coated works fine for me.

Bill
89 GT-3s

Quick Reply: Deleteable Heat Sheilds