Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New guy looking for advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM
mongoose951
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy looking for advice...

Well this is my first post, do I get a prize for that? In January I bought a 944 Turbo in very good condition, Slate Gray Fuchs , etc...but it has a blown head gasket (surprise). I bought the car from a mechanic for $4,000, and also gave him my 1987 N/A 944 in good condition, probably worth $4,000. So I have roughly $8,000 invested.

The car has now been in his possession for over six months, with little progress. The car has a new head, timing belts, balance shaft belts, water pump, injectors, exhaust....(none of this installed yet)

I am frustrated to the point where I told him he has one week to make significant progress, or I would take one of the following actions:

1) Have it towed to a mechanic who would be able to finish the work, because he obviously cant, at his cost of course.

2) Take legal action, but that would be a no win situation...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, because I cant afford anymore headaches, Aspirin, Tequila, Prozac, ........plus my Dog is tired of me kicking him....

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:55 AM
njim3
Instructor

Do it yourself is the best option for you.
Rennlisters are knowlegable to give you advice to do thing on your own.

Good luck,
Jim
Old 07-15-2006, 02:31 AM
2bridges
Drifting

I second Jim, assuming you have the skills to do so.

It is a touchy situation because if you lean on him too hard he may just throw it together and not give a crap....... of course from the sounds of it he may not give a crap anyhow.....
otherwise I think you are at the mercy of
Old 07-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist! -- sorry you are having such a problem.

This guy is taking advantage of your good nature. What state are you in? Most states have small claims courts that make it easy to sue for this kind of thing. Sounds like you have him dead to rights.

The link below has a head gasket R&R if you decide to do it yourself, and rennlisters have fought through virually every challenge you are likely to encounter if you find yourself in need of help.

Quick Reply: New guy looking for advice...