Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Install MAF in Ventura, CA?? Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 05:01 PM
jwhowell
3rd Gear

Default Install MAF in Ventura, CA?? Help

Hi All,

I could use some help locating a shop / mechanic who could install a MAF into my 86 951. I have some racing modifications (race only car) and I just purchased a used Huntley MAF. I prefer using someone who has done this before and is able to tune via a dyno. I may decide to get a new turbo done at the same time (running stock now). Also, If you have any ideas as to what it would cost to do this install that would be of great help as well.

I could really use your help and I appreciate all of your advice. (Also posted on 944 forum)

Take care,
Jeff
Old 07-12-2006 | 05:34 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

There are a few guys in the area. I'll contact them to make sure they are available, then pass on the contact info to ya'. That is if they don't post here first..

A MAF install really is pretty simple, Huntley tuning sounds like the tricky part. Also, make sure your MAF will support whatever turbo you are considering. Once again, a Huntley question.

Welcome to Renn!
Old 07-13-2006 | 03:02 PM
PuttingThePoorBackInPorsche
Advanced

It's easy to do yourself. Trust me - learn to work on the car yourself versus trusting a shop to do everything for you or you'll find yourself frustrated and broke faster than you can say "951".
Old 07-14-2006 | 10:16 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I would suggest you PM Tom M'Guinn, as he has a Huntly and has change his in an out more times than I have lost strands hair :-(
Regards
Ed
Old 07-15-2006 | 03:45 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

jwhowell

I'm swamped now, but if you still have not got it installed in a couple 2/3/4 weeks... PM me and you can come over and I'll install/wire it up for you.

TonyG
Old 07-17-2006 | 03:34 PM
jwhowell
3rd Gear

Thanks to all!

I have done some maintenance to the car (brakes, oil, etc.), but I really don't want to do this without someone who knows what they're doing.

Tony, I will call you and set something up. I don't plan to be on the track for another couple months.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Quick Reply: Install MAF in Ventura, CA?? Help