Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fidenza vs. Lindsey Racing aluminum flywheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fidenza vs. Lindsey Racing aluminum flywheels?

Still not sure what I'm gonna do on the clutch/pressure plate, but it would seem that I do need(want) a better flywheel from what I've read. Anyone running the Lindsey aluminum flywheel? Can anyone compare the Lindsey to the Fidenza? )pros/cons on either)? If I go Fidenza, where's the best (cheapest) place to get one? I know I'm ordering the flywheel hardware kit from Lindsey anyway, so I was thinking of getting their flywheel too, if it makes sense. Thanks for input
Old 07-08-2006, 05:31 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a fidenza on ebay....for a street car i would not recommend...lots of chatter and you must learn to heal toe matching the revs .but this is a great price on one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fidan...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-08-2006, 05:56 PM
ridinhighram360
Intermediate

lindsey flywheel on ebay too.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 07-08-2006, 07:04 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Doesn't everyone heel and toe their downshifts, especially on the track? Does anyone who's changed to a lightened flywheel have anything negative to comment? I've heard there are some cons to it.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:24 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

i cant speak for everone but i never did heal toe till i got my track car
Old 07-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dougoh
here is a fidenza on ebay....for a street car i would not recommend...lots of chatter and you must learn to heal toe matching the revs .but this is a great price on one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fidan...spagenameZWDVW
I've been running a fidanza for over two years with a stock pressure plate and a cup disc and there is zero chatter. I drive it daily and it's fine for the street.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I've been running a fidanza for over two years with a stock pressure plate and a cup disc and there is zero chatter. I drive it daily and it's fine for the street.

could be maybe my combination spec stage 3 and fidenza
Old 07-08-2006, 11:07 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeremy, how many horses/tq are you putting through it?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Depends on boost but on the track I'm in the 375 RWHP range and about 325 on the street, (too lazy and it's too hot to hit the dyno). The Spec clutches do generate a bunch of chatter and are a real pain to get to engage smoothly on the street which is why I went with a cup disc.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:08 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel

Same here, i've had mine for about a year and no issues at all.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Fidenza's on the way! The auction for the Spec flywheel went up to about the same as the auction for the new Fidenza. I'd rather buy new from a dealer/distributor than 'used but new' from a 3rd party for the same price. Plus, I've only heard good things about the Fidenza, and have no feedback on the Spec flywheel. Also have the Lindsey clutch parts kit on the way. Now I need to figure out how many & where to put jack stands ... I remember seeing a recent thread (I think) ...

I may end up regretting it, but I guess I'm going to give the Fidenza FW + 930 disk + cup pp combination a try. I've all ready bought and have in hand the disk+pp, and am looking to get hp/tq #'s similar to Jeremy's, so it seems like the sensible thing to do at this point. We'll see what happens when I finally get a Vitesse Stage 2 in there (which won't be for another few months with my current schedule, unfortunately). I'll probably wind up having to run the Vitesse MAF & my current K27 for a while after I get the clutch done, simply due to time constraints, and this combo should be good for that.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs on this thread and the other clutch thread I started!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like a good combo.

It's only a matter of time till my mods catch up to the clutch. Had you considered a KEP pp?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dougoh
could be maybe my combination spec stage 3 and fidenza
It's not the fidenza, it's your clutch. I also have the Spec3+ and if you do not rev-match you are in for a really rough ride (especially since I have the solid Kokeln mount too). Another reason anyone but myself is rarely behind the wheel, a significant amount of my friends do not understand the concept of rev-matching. For them it is just "stick it in gear and slip the clutch*
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

yeah i wasnt 100% sure ...my brothers 993 has a light weight flywheel and it chatters like crazy so i thought it was the flywheel but after reading about the spec stage 3 clutches they do chatter alot......i also flat spotted a set of hoosiers before i knew how to heal toe at summit point ..thats why i tell people its important to match the revs with the light weight flywheel
Old 07-13-2006, 06:08 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

I considered the KEP, but didn't hear from anyone using one with a cup or 930 disk, didn't find that combo when I was searching old threads, and I wasn't sure I wanted to bite the bullet on an exotic disk (wasn't sure what I'd really be looking for or wanting). Plus, I jumped - maybe a little too early - on saving a few bucks when I got the pp + disk. If (when?) things start to slip when I finally get the stage 2 turbo on, that's probably the route I'll take (KEP pp + ?? disk). I guess I'm gonna be a guinnea pig for the board

Quick Reply: Fidenza vs. Lindsey Racing aluminum flywheels?