Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

banjo bolt needed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
miyagikarate
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banjo bolt needed...

I have autothority chips install but the PO did not put in the aftermarket banjo bolt so they are running on stock boost. Eventually I will switch the wastegate and install a MBC but for the time being where can I get just a jetted banjo bolt so the car run properly with the chips. Does anyone have one? Or a place I can buy one?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I have made several jetted banjo bolts just tapping in a set screw into a spare stock banjo bolt. The bolts are $5-10 from a dealer (I dont remember exactly - they used to be cheap, but I recall the price has gone up in the past couple years).

Drill a small hole in the set screw. I have the APE recommend hole size at home and can post it later, if someone does not beat me to it. I also know that others have used Carb jets.

If you swap WGs and go with an MBC, change chips also. APE chips do not have the correct fuel mapping to run with an aftermarket WG and MBC, and will tend to run rich in the midrange and/or lean on the high end - unless you really play around with tuning the fuel pressure and boost curve.

Quick Reply: banjo bolt needed...