Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Turbo in Apex?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM
allergic2milk
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo in Apex?

I live in Apex, NC and a guards red 944 Turbo pulled out from the street across from mine, I was moving cars around so he saw the 944 honked and waved to me!

I was very excited to find that there was a turbo around, tho im not sure that he lives in my neighborhood. I would love to talk to him if he's on here.

Any one know of a turbo in the apex/ cary area?

thanks...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:20 AM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

That was me!! The car has been stored on Silky Dogwood for about 4 years. I just moved it to charlotte this weekend. You haven't seen me running around because she has been in the garage for a while. I just finished belts, rollers, seals, WP,brakes, clutch, etc. Long process. How long have you been living there and how long have you had the 944? I saw it under the cover out front a few weeks ago but thats the first I've seen of it. Anyway, nice to connect. Next time I'm in Apex I will stop by. The house is my mother's by the way...my garage overflowed into hers a few years ago and I finally have room to let her have her garage back.

Josh
Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM
allergic2milk
Racer

I just got the 944 about 4 months ago, and I've lived there for almost 9 years.
The turbo looked amazing, definitly stop by next time your around, i would love to take a look at it.
You have good timimg, i was moving all the cars around and by chance i was in the 944, hah.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

thanks. She's not as pretty up close but is definitely a work in progress. I"ve had it for about 10 years and can finally afford to do everything that needs done. Once I get all the maintenence done and a couple mild performance mods I will start working on the body and a full respray(the right way). I will stop by next time in town with the car. We're there probably once a month to see mom and will probably drive the car sometime when the weather cools off a little more.

Cheers, Josh

ps. I love the fuches. Always been a favorite of mine. I think the phone dials look dated but not classic. Yours just look classic.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:45 PM
allergic2milk
Racer

Thanks, Im actually about to pull them off and repaint them, they are fading, so next time your in town they look brand new. Also i just picked up a rear valance, so i will look kind of different..

What kind of wheels did you have, i only saw them rolling, but they looked pretty sweet.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:13 AM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

they are just the stock phone dials. They have been repainted so the paint looks pretty good...but is starting to chip around the bead. \

Josh
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Where in Charlotte are you? There is a fairly active Charlotte group that meets up from time to time. PM me if you like and I will pass on some info.
Richard

Quick Reply: Turbo in Apex?