Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Injector clips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector clips?

Well four days ago I pulled my fuel rail/injectors out, and in that time I have forgotten how the injector clips are supposed to go on the injectors...wonderful memory.

How important are these little guys? So far I've put the injectors back in the rail, and put the clips on, but not sure if I did it right. So the clip looks like a square with only three sides |_| , I've got them pushed around the injectors and into the set of grooves that doesn't go all the way around the top of the injector, with the connecting (middle) side of the clip on the opposite side of the wire connector.

Also, on the top and bottom of the clip, there is an "open" and "closed" side if that makes any sense. The open side is like the top of an open box and the closed side has a round opening for the top of the injector. I've got the "open" side facing up toward the fuel rail. So basically the clip doesn't really connect the injector to the fuel rail, but just kinda puts pressure around the top of the injector...

have I got this right?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The open side faces up...towards the fuel rail. It won't connect any other way. It will slide on but won't lock into place unless it's orientated correctly. You'll know when you have it correctly as the connector clip wire will lock on to the injector.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Brian 944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sub-Scribing

Quick Reply: Injector clips?